Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 4500 Tickets Sold!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 270 Guests

4500 Tickets Sold!

This thread currently has 7,455 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
September 4, 2021, 11:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Another reason for good attendances is that the weather is (currently) very good and played in daylight.  No doubt dark cold winter nights in the UF will seem different. 😥😥😓
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 44
mariner91
September 4, 2021, 11:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,772
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Poojah

Let’s not forget that the backdrop to all of this was literally the worst season in this club’s long history. If the takeover hadn’t happened and Fenty and co were still in charge can you imagine how bad the feeling would be around the club?

We’ll never know the answer (thank the lord!) but I don’t think it’s unrealistic to think that we’d be seeing sub-2,000 crowds. I’ve been following Town since I was 5 years old and it’s probably the one and only constant in my life since then, but I’m not sure I’d have had the stomach for it.

If we hit 6,000 today, which doesn’t seem completely out of the question if we’d hit the 5k mark yesterday, that’s roughly a 200% increase in what might have been. Remarkable.

Nobody that I know would have kept going had Fenty been in charge still. On it's own it's anecdotal perhaps but when you add together all the people that are saying similar things, and virtually nobody saying different,  I would be amazed if we'd had more than 2000 if he was still in charge right now.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 44
gytone
September 4, 2021, 11:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,032
Gold Stars: 8
I agree, I'm going today with my dad and youngest son, we've not been for 4 +years. Last year I didn't watch any games, completely lost interest, something I thought would never happen. There's no doubt that if Fenty had still been around we'd have felt exactly the same. But with him gone our enthusiasm has returned, I've bought a new shirt and really can't wait for the game today. UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 44
rancido
September 4, 2021, 1:36pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,661
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Who would have thought it eh? Treat people with respect. Make it easy to buy tickets.

Ah but when did buying ticket easier get you 3 points on a Saturday 😉

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 44
Neilo83
September 4, 2021, 1:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Another reason for good attendances is that the weather is (currently) very good and played in daylight.  No doubt dark cold winter nights in the UF will seem different. 😥😥😓

Cold, winter nights at bp are the best.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 4500 Tickets Sold!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.