Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Today's Blundell Park experience feedback?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 254 Guests

Today's Blundell Park experience feedback?

This thread currently has 6,539 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
August 29, 2021, 3:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Never eat at the match but more seemed to than ever today, long May it continue…

Is there any plans to put a temporary roof/tarpaulin over the fanzone come winter? Can’t see many using it come those rainy/cold months…

I know we’ve been locked up by the government for months so no doubt that helped the atmosphere but in truth there was a buzz around the club and it was because of many things…was good to see and new faces, new season ticket faces too…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 37
DB
August 29, 2021, 5:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It stops her. She’ll manage a glass of wine and that’s it.

I've always been a fan of forward planning. Offer her a small glass, mentioned the effect it might have on her, and have the rest of the bottle yourself.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 37
58mariner
August 29, 2021, 7:38am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -80
Very positive experience generally. Remember a similar  vibe first day of Jolleys second season only to be beaten 4-1 by Forest Green so nice to get the performance to back up the optimism this season!

Slight negatives, or shall we say constructive feedback...

Not sure why the queue to get into the Upper Findus was guided into the car park. Had to dodge random traffic cones and moving cars. One old man even fell over one of the cones and took a nasty looking fall. Seemed needless. Then when leaving another man tripped and fell when leaving in exact same position. Stewards seemed new / inexperienced. Maybe to be expected.

Also can’t help thinking the area inside the turnstiles for the upper findus / mariners trust bar needs a re think. Could barely get through the turnstile for people congregating in there. There is a table selling bottled ales in there (big fan used it many times) but it’s literally right as you go in on the left and the queue blocks people
Coming through the turnstiles? Then you hit the queue for the snack bar. Then you hit the queue to get in the mariners trust bar which is always mixed in with the queue to get up the stairs to seating or the toilets on the right. Wasn’t aided yesterday by a random pile of cardboard boxes just left in the middle or the room? Has always been crowded / congested in that area for years but seemed almost dangerous yesterday. Put me off even attempting to buy anything from the kiosk or bar

Perhaps if they knocked through to the trust bar and had that whole area open it would create more space?

And then as most have commented, PA system was non existent in the upper findus.

Don’t get me wrong, very minor points and on the whole the afternoon was a great experience. Rome wasn’t built in a day and all that. That goes for one and off the pitch of course.

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 37
Ruston AT
August 29, 2021, 8:44am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +426
Gold Stars: 10

Please sort the PA system out, the main stand at the osmond end didn't have a clue what was going on although when the ground went quiet we could hear. I don't want the ground to ever go quiet.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 37
Ruston AT
August 29, 2021, 8:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +426
Gold Stars: 10

Sorry didn't see the posts already my apologies.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 37
crusty ole pie
August 29, 2021, 8:52am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,382
Gold Stars: 66
BIGGEST IMPROVEMENT FOR ME
I didn’t see the smug face of fenty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 37
aldi_01
August 29, 2021, 9:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Always a bonus…any of them there, being big town fans and that, you’d think they’d be there first game of the season…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 37
HertsGTFC
August 29, 2021, 10:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
We got there about 2.15 and I noticed this smiley blond lady out and about in the upper just going around talking to people I though she was a supporter but didn't recognise her, then I realised it was Debbie the new chief exec, that for me underlines the new regime. I also like Jason Stockwood's bit in the programme, very simple welcome back and thank you.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 37
gtfcmd
August 29, 2021, 10:33am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +210
Gold Stars: 3
Maybe need an option for say beast burger to have maybe two catering vans the ques for these near pontoon was stupid maybe if they had in each corner would be better, the amount of fans that was trying to get there from different stands and getting turned away by the stewards
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 37
rancido
August 29, 2021, 11:37am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,658
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from crusty ole pie

In one way it's a shame The Leech wasn't there to see what a difference the new regime and their approach has made to the BP experience. Then again I don't want that to see that parasite within a hundred miles of the club.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Today's Blundell Park experience feedback?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.