Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason Stockwood on Radio Humberside Weds evening
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 265 Guests

Jason Stockwood on Radio Humberside Weds evening

This thread currently has 24,208 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
August 27, 2021, 12:16pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pen penfras

People at the club. I'm not going to say who I know in the club, because it's not my place to. And the way it's going, they'll all have left soon anyway. Anything that I'm asked not to say, I don't. Anything else I only say to put right the ridiculous statements I see on here. Not that it matters, the lies seem to win every time because they back up the hatred.

It's funny how everybody accuses me of being part of, related to or a friend of the old regime. Yet any facts that I come out with I'm then accused of having no knowledge and making it up (the irony).

So you're saying that a member of staff at the club has been giving you information that isn't in the public domain? (Yes I know that information is published in the balance sheets each year, but no accounts have been produced yet for the FY ending 31/5/21). Good job whoever it is is going.

Also, Cash at Bank or in Hand is an asset but there are also liabilities. In most years current liabilities have outweighed current assets. That £1m (if that figure is correct*) isn't money that 1878 can simply put in their back pocket, or the club will fold. I've got a stack of cash saved, but I've got a whopping credit card bill ready to make a hole in it. I also owe (mortgage) several times what I've got saved. So cash in the bank is a meaningless number taken in isolation.

You've probably only raised the subject to try to confuse people and muddy the waters, because your pal is rightly taking a battering.

* it would be a record breaking number if it is. The highest has been £3/4m. Some years it's as little as £3k. Mostly in the range of £50-£150k.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 151
KingstonMariner
August 27, 2021, 12:19pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse
Historic accounts which are made up to 31 May show that the company usually has a large cash balances that time of year . At 31/5/20 it was£749k . May 21 accounts not filed yet . Eventually we will know what cas funds the new owners inherited

The highest was Fin Year 2020 at £3/4m. Some years it's as little as £3k. Mostly in the range of £50-£150k.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 151
Son of Cod
August 27, 2021, 12:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Will the accounts be published for the past year? That was stipulation of being a PLC which we no longer are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 151
KingstonMariner
August 27, 2021, 12:27pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Son of Cod
Will the accounts be published for the past year? That was stipulation of being a PLC which we no longer are.

I think they still do need to publish accounts as a private limited company*. I think there's additional bureaucracy around being PLC.

* might be a threshold below which you don't, but I think that's really small companies.

Shareholders (including the Trust) get them anyway, and there's probably plenty of small shareholders who have kept theirs.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 151
MarshMariner
August 27, 2021, 12:34pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I think they still do need to publish accounts as a private limited company*. I think there's additional bureaucracy around being PLC.

* might be a threshold below which you don't, but I think that's really small companies.

Shareholders (including the Trust) get them anyway, and there's probably plenty of small shareholders who have kept theirs.

I have a small private limited company myself, you do have to publish accounts each year...Companies House with have this detailed..   Anyone can see them..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 151
jamesgtfc
August 27, 2021, 12:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
The accounting requirements for a Ltd company are far less than those of a PLC.

In these new days of transparency though I would like to think we still produce comprehensive accounts for all to see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 151
DB
August 27, 2021, 12:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from pen penfras

People at the club. I'm not going to say who I know in the club, because it's not my place to. And the way it's going, they'll all have left soon anyway. Anything that I'm asked not to say, I don't. Anything else I only say to put right the ridiculous statements I see on here. Not that it matters, the lies seem to win every time because they back up the hatred.

It's funny how everybody accuses me of being part of, related to or a friend of the old regime. Yet any facts that I come out with I'm then accused of having no knowledge and making it up (the irony).

Jason said on RH interview that he does not answer or take notice of anonymous questions. I think all on here should do the same about your anonymous informants.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 151
toontown
August 27, 2021, 1:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from pen penfras

It's always dull when somebody posts the truth.

Like when you posted about what a loss nick Dale was haha
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 151
HertsGTFC
August 27, 2021, 1:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from pen penfras

Have they? The club had the best part of £1 million in the current account when it was handed over. If they've spent all that and their own money, then I can't see value for money.

The current account balance doesn't mean a business is cash rich, the total reserves and cash flow forecast is the most important thing rather than a snapshot in time.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 151
HerveJosse
August 27, 2021, 1:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Clearly all that glitters is gold for most on this site
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 151
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason Stockwood on Radio Humberside Weds evening

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.