6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrbump53
August 24, 2021, 12:40pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
Can recall a Chesterfield game where it was announced on the radio that 3 pubs had been closed due to the rioting by Grimsby fans. A few minutes later there was a post on twitter from the landlord of one of the said pubs saying that there was no trouble nor had there been any and accompanied with a photo to prove the point.

Also remember when we took a few thousand to Doncaster and when I was on the way out of the car park it was announced on the radio that there was a full scale riot going on in the car park !! There was no issues and the next announcement that there was a fight going on near the train station was also inaccurate as no Town fans were involved (confirmed later).

Intelligence being used is in some instances from nearly 40 years ago and there have been relatively few incidents since and the media are quick to report so called incidents when there aren't any and they have not checked the facts, but the mud sticks apparently from the 80's.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 53
Hagrid
August 24, 2021, 2:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from Mrbump53
Can recall a Chesterfield game where it was announced on the radio that 3 pubs had been closed due to the rioting by Grimsby fans. A few minutes later there was a post on twitter from the landlord of one of the said pubs saying that there was no trouble nor had there been any and accompanied with a photo to prove the point.

Also remember when we took a few thousand to Doncaster and when I was on the way out of the car park it was announced on the radio that there was a full scale riot going on in the car park !! There was no issues and the next announcement that there was a fight going on near the train station was also inaccurate as no Town fans were involved (confirmed later).

Intelligence being used is in some instances from nearly 40 years ago and there have been relatively few incidents since and the media are quick to report so called incidents when there aren't any and they have not checked the facts, but the mud sticks apparently from the 80's.

that was the police, lying illegitimates
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 53
Limerick Mariner
August 24, 2021, 3:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
More tickets are awaited...still struggling to get my head round Stockport v Grimsby on a Tuesday night in the National League being all-ticket. Wolves v Grimsby League Cup quarter-final replay in 1979 with about 5k away fans was probably all pay on the day - I certainly didn't have a ticket...just my age I guess...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 53
Mrbump53
August 24, 2021, 4:21pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
More tickets are awaited...still struggling to get my head round Stockport v Grimsby on a Tuesday night in the National League being all-ticket. Wolves v Grimsby League Cup quarter-final replay in 1979 with about 5k away fans was probably all pay on the day - I certainly didn't have a ticket...just my age I guess...

Don't think I had a ticket either but paid at the turnstile. At the second replay at the baseball ground it was pay at the gate for 16,000 plus
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 53
exiledmeggie
August 24, 2021, 5:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -208
Gold Stars: 20
Oh how I remember that December night at the old Baseball ground. And Batch took a chunk out of Andy Gray’s shin all this days before I went into exile the following month.

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 53
ska face
August 24, 2021, 5:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 53
Son of Cod
August 24, 2021, 5:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
There's a chance I might be able to get to this now so just looking at train tickets. An anytime return from London to Stockport is £369.40 leaving on the afternoon of the 31st hahahaha, obviously you can get that a lot cheaper if you go off peak or book specific trains but who the fuck do these train cunts think they are? Scandalous. £510 if you do that same journey first class. This is on Trainline.com.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 53
headingly_mariner
August 24, 2021, 5:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Mrbump53

To be fair on the way back from Donny to the station there were scuffles going on most of the way back.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 53
dapperz fun pub
August 24, 2021, 5:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from headingly_mariner

To be fair on the way back from Donny to the station there were scuffles going on most of the way back.

Their was but nothing much happened
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 53
Davec
August 24, 2021, 6:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from Son of Cod
There's a chance I might be able to get to this now so just looking at train tickets. An anytime return from London to Stockport is £369.40 leaving on the afternoon of the 31st hahahaha, obviously you can get that a lot cheaper if you go off peak or book specific trains but who the fuck do these train cunts think they are? Scandalous. £510 if you do that same journey first class. This is on Trainline.com.

have you looked at getting split tickets? I always look at split tickets and always save money
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockport General Sale - 10am today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.