This thread currently has 5,888 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
August 22, 2021, 11:41am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201

Just seen Clough's post match interview on Quest, what a prat.

Good managers keep stuff like that in-house.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?â€
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 35
fishboyUTM
August 22, 2021, 12:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from fishcake63
Hewitt is a terrible fullback & an even worse midfielder , he had his best spell for us at centre half that's where clough should play him or shut his mouth up

Couldn't agree more. He was particularly awful in central midfield. No vision at all and no technique. He was woeful at right back and did okay as a stopper at centre back only by keeping it simple, head and kick as he can't do anything else. Vernam will slaughter him every day at right full back and apparently did exactly that. I miss Charles Vernam, I understand we may have been able to sign him for 50k a few weeks ago. He's in the Bradford side now and would be insane in all honesty to drop to non league, there is a championship player in there IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 35
jamesgtfc
August 22, 2021, 12:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,050
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Couldn't agree more. He was particularly awful in central midfield. No vision at all and no technique. He was woeful at right back and did okay as a stopper at centre back only by keeping it simple, head and kick as he can't do anything else. Vernam will slaughter him every day at right full back and apparently did exactly that. I miss Charles Vernam, I understand we may have been able to sign him for 50k a few weeks ago. He's in the Bradford side now and would be insane in all honesty to drop to non league, there is a championship player in there IMO.

Technically you might be right but it's a huge step up in fitness and I don't think he could handle those physical demands.

It's no surprise for me to see Burton flying high in League One. Against Scunthorpe the other week substituted players were doing weightlifting at the side of the pitch. Hasselbaink has definitely worked them hard physically but some players just can't push their bodies to that limit.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 35
BottesfordMariner
August 22, 2021, 1:48pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Clough is bang out of order

Not sure what he hopes to achieve making those statements in public.

If a player plays badly he probably knows it. And as a professional would expect criticism from his boss. But those are said behind closed doors.

End of the day Clough signed the player selected him to play and set the team up. While Clough is calling out performances he should start by looking in the mirror.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 35
Zmariner
August 22, 2021, 2:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Hewitt joined to work for Clough I recall. I was disappointed to see him go, early in the season and so he has time to sort it. As pointed out for us he was a great center back but poor in other positions.
One of the hardest personal attacks I have seen on an individual and he will need to get back in the good books quickly utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 35
TwoLeftFeet
August 22, 2021, 2:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,102
Gold Stars: 19
Reminds me of Slades Frenchman interview.. totally out of order by Clough
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 35
TAGG
August 22, 2021, 3:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Hewitt is the best CB we have had for a long time. excrement everywhere else.
Should kick open Clough's door on Monday morning and punch him in the face.
IMO  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 35
Teestogreen
August 22, 2021, 4:27pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
Well - I can see that Town fans think highly of Elliot Hewitt at centre back for us - so why don’t GTFC try to get him back on Monday morning (on loan)?
Think Town offered him a new deal - but declined? Forgive him - will pay us back with interest (is my judgement).

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 35
Teestogreen
August 22, 2021, 4:47pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
Stuart Pearce is in the house (psycho red crosser) âš½ï¸

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 35
MuddyWaters
August 22, 2021, 5:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Teestogreen
Well - I can see that Town fans think highly of Elliot Hewitt at centre back for us - so why don’t GTFC try to get him back on Monday morning (on loan)?
Think Town offered him a new deal - but declined? Forgive him - will pay us back with interest (is my judgement).

A centre back with some pace and a goalscorer is what we’re missing.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clough  chucks Hewitt under the bus..ðŸ¤

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.