Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unibet, 32Red, National League and Town.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 270 Guests

Unibet, 32Red, National League and Town.

This thread currently has 3,823 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
toontown
August 21, 2021, 4:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Gambling was illegal wasn't it, they gave up on that because it didn't work, a bit like prohibition in the USA for alcohol. Making some things illegal causes more problems than  it solves. It should be more tightly regulated than it is though, like tobacco with the bans on advertising and the taxation to discourage it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
Theimperialcoroner
August 21, 2021, 5:42pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from toontown
Gambling was illegal wasn't it, they gave up on that because it didn't work, a bit like prohibition in the USA for alcohol. Making some things illegal causes more problems than  it solves. It should be more tightly regulated than it is though, like tobacco with the bans on advertising and the taxation to discourage it.

In many US states it is still illegal, they even block you accessing U.K. betting sites. It’s all the better for it.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
RichMariner
August 21, 2021, 10:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,163
Gold Stars: 212
There will be regulation changes this year, I understand. There’s been an ongoing gambling review within government for a while. I also believe the Senet banner ‘When the fun stops, stop’ is also being replaced by something new.

I do think the future of gambling adverts in sport will go the way of cigarettes eventually. Over the past year there have been ‘blackout’ times for advertising specific offers related to the match before kickoff and at half time. A lot of the ads now are brand ads and not for certain offers.

They are getting squeezed out. I know this can’t happen fast enough for some but all this is heading one way.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
Maringer
August 23, 2021, 6:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,681
Gold Stars: 189
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
aldi_01
August 23, 2021, 7:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Makes sense…pray on the vulnerable and those desperate for money. This notion that however much money determines how happy you are or if you’re doing well…flipping nonsense mind.

Game shows are the same on TV, there’s a few exceptions but many are focused on winning vast sums or ‘life changing amounts’…

It’s gross in reality…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
Croxton
August 23, 2021, 9:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,019
Gold Stars: 35
Yet more lives ruined leading to a growing movement against the tactics of the gambling industry. see today's BBC breakfast piece.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcnews

From 8.30 after weather.

Edit:-    On all main BBC News bulletins now.

Be nice if the OS quietly removed the item from 'latest news'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
Son of Cod
August 23, 2021, 4:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Sky Bet using Paul Merson in their ads a few years ago is up there as one of the darkest things to happen in football in this country in a while.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
Les Brechin
August 30, 2021, 1:20pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,727
Gold Stars: 174
Some of these so-called celebs who advertise these gambling firms should take a long hard look at themselves too. I've always despised that Leigh Francis (Keith Lemon) bloke but I despise him even more now he's plugging that 32Red on TV now.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unibet, 32Red, National League and Town.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.