1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Brazilnut
August 17, 2021, 8:12pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +979
Gold Stars: 30
The one bright side to the first Game being called off and maybe another couple  is .........
For the first time in many years being a Town fan  we can go into September still dreaming/believing /hoping  that this season we will be an entertaining exciting unbeatable team to watch

Cos lets face it with seasons starting early August  them sort of Dreams are usually drained from us come Sept  

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
August 18, 2021, 9:15am
Guest User
Quoted from Brazilnut
The one bright side to the first Game being called off and maybe another couple  is .........
For the first time in many years being a Town fan  we can go into September still dreaming/believing /hoping  that this season we will be an entertaining exciting unbeatable team to watch

Cos lets face it with seasons starting early August  them sort of Dreams are usually drained from us come Sept  

^^Negative!

Reply: 1 - 2
Son of Cod
August 18, 2021, 5:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Can't share that enthusiasm myself. I was well up for the start of the season, had Bromley and Stockport penciled in as my August matches as I can't get up for either of opening two home matches. Didn't plan any holidays because I had two cancelled last year. It's fine, going to watch Town away twice is good enough. Stockport move their fixture meaning I can't get there due to work commitments. Fine, at least I can get to Bromley. Then they announce there's only 800 tickets. Somehow they aren't all snapped up by ST holders and I get one last week. Buzzing. Can't wait. Then to have it cancelled four days before the day of...massive blow for morale that. I know we're all in the same boat and there's no point complaining about it but seriously get to fuck COVID. 4 days off the start of the season after what...18 months away? Harsh. I can't get to a match until Torquay away now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clutching at Straws

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.