5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
August 13, 2021, 1:08am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +876
Gold Stars: 123
Looks impressive and exciting but he has no left foot. Playing right footed on the left wing, and EVERY time he cut inside. He will soon get found out in this league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
aldi_01
August 13, 2021, 7:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Looks impressive and exciting but he has no left foot. Playing right footed on the left wing, and EVERY time he cut inside. He will soon get found out in this league.

You think? Nobody figured out that podge would literally sit between thr 6 yard box and penalty spot…figuring it out is one thing, dealing with it is another…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
pen penfras
August 13, 2021, 7:20am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from aldi_01

You think? Nobody figured out that podge would literally sit between thr 6 yard box and penalty spot…figuring it out is one thing, dealing with it is another…

Slightly different though. If you know that somebody is going to cut inside, you can stop that as a defender as long as the winger isn't significantly quicker than you. You can't stop the way Amond timed his runs so well unless you're a defender that reads the game incredibly well, which basically doesn't exist in the conference level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
jamesgtfc
August 13, 2021, 7:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,052
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from pen penfras

Slightly different though. If you know that somebody is going to cut inside, you can stop that as a defender as long as the winger isn't significantly quicker than you. You can't stop the way Amond timed his runs so well unless you're a defender that reads the game incredibly well, which basically doesn't exist in the conference level.

Bapaga looks like he will be significantly quicker than most defenders. Plus, if all attention is on stopping him, it gives someone else an opportunity to do something brilliant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
Abdul19
August 13, 2021, 7:58am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
A fifth tier winger who's not two footed?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
mariner91
August 13, 2021, 7:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,772
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

One paced with Sousa in the front three?

Sousa looks very tricky but I don't think he looks particularly quick. It's always handy to have a player with a burst of pure speed just to stretch the opposition, Bapaga looks to have that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
Tommy
August 13, 2021, 8:13am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76

Defenders knew what Arjen Robben was going to do every time he got the ball on the right when he was in the final third. Didn't stop him scoring the exact same goal 3000 times.

I'm not going to judge this lad on what he can't do on a little youtube video. Maybe if full-backs don't fall for the dummy/feint to go on the outside, he doubles up and feints to go inside. Then when they make a move to stop that, he cuts back on the outside. A lot of attacking 1v1 is reacting to the body shape/position of the defender.

Might be sensible to give him a chance before writing him off.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
Croxton
August 13, 2021, 8:40am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,019
Gold Stars: 35
We now have 5/6 players who can receive a ball to feet, turn away from a tackle and run at defences. Much harder to defend against than a high ball to an isolated CF. More options in winning free kicks and corners too.

I hope Hurst can resist the temptation to push McAtee further forward and central thus losing his creativity. Better to mix it up and pull Central defenders apart so Sousa and Bapaga can exploit the gaps.

Looking forward to seeing how Revan is used on Saturday. His versatility was a big plus at Boston.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
aldi_01
August 13, 2021, 8:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Tommy

Defenders knew what Arjen Robben was going to do every time he got the ball on the right when he was in the final third. Didn't stop him scoring the exact same goal 3000 times.

I'm not going to judge this lad on what he can't do on a little youtube video. Maybe if full-backs don't fall for the dummy/feint to go on the outside, he doubles up and feints to go inside. Then when they make a move to stop that, he cuts back on the outside. A lot of attacking 1v1 is reacting to the body shape/position of the defender.

Might be sensible to give him a chance before writing him off.

This was my take…I know Lionel Messi is all left foot, I know Mbappe cuts inside, I know ronaldo does a million step overs, etc etc…no girl private could stop them.

flipping boggles my mind that folk automatically look at what he might or be able to do…intercourse me. We’re in the professional games equivalent of the dog and duck league division 5…he’s not gonna be Kevin Donovan is he…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
pen penfras
August 13, 2021, 8:59am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from aldi_01

This was my take…I know Lionel Messi is all left foot, I know Mbappe cuts inside, I know ronaldo does a million step overs, etc etc…no girl private could stop them.

flipping boggles my mind that folk automatically look at what he might or be able to do…intercourse me. We’re in the professional games equivalent of the dog and duck league division 5…he’s not gonna be Kevin Donovan is he…

Seriously? He obviously favours it but has scored more goals with his 'weak' foot than lots of strikers do in their entire career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2dmX_6AP7g
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › William Bapaga

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.