5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
August 11, 2021, 4:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
Summed his time up when Hurst didn't name him on the bench for the final few games, despite the fact he was fit and we failed to list a full 7 subs.  Oh and some of the subs were youth team players.

Talent is nothing without attitude.  It may well be a result of his injuries, but if his attitude isn't right then he's no use to use (or anyone I suspect).
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 42
TonySmith
August 11, 2021, 4:11pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +968
Gold Stars: 11
I can't help thinking there must have been some personal behind the scenes reasons why Hurst wouldn't play Williams and wanted him gone. He clearly has some talent. I recall the games at Orient and Mansfield last season when he looked a class above most on the pitch, but then he'd be anonymous or left out completely. Anyway, if Barrow can get the best out of him then it will be a win for everyone concerned. We move on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 42
forza ivano
August 11, 2021, 4:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,284
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from livosnose

Was he on that much ?

With all the payroll costs I'd guess I'm not far off. Morais n rose will be in same sort of ball park
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 42
BottesfordMariner
August 11, 2021, 4:25pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
I thought he could have been a decent player for us but it didnt work out. Would have thought he had the quality to shine in this league.

Hurst clearly didnt fancy him though. Hw saw him in training every day we only saw him occasionally in a Town shirt. You have go with the manager's opinion.

He lost his squad number and it was clear he wasnt going to feature under Hurst so best for all parties he has gone and hopefully the saving on the wage bill can go towards getting a forward/attacking midfielder in.

We still need 3 or 4 more signings imo. If its being help up because the likes of Rose and Morais are still on the books then hopefully they will get fixed up elsewhere soon.

I wish Williams well. He didnt appear enough to have really given reason to dislike him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 42
pen penfras
August 11, 2021, 4:27pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from forza ivano
Injuries have ruined him physically and psychologically imho. Got the talent but too scared now to be of any use to us.takes c£125,000 off the wage bill

No chance he was on £2500. Green was our 2nd top earner and on less than that. He also signed in the covid pre-season, so I'd be surprised if he's on much more than £1k a week. I was told Scannell is on less than £1k, which seems very low.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 42
rancido
August 11, 2021, 4:30pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,658
Gold Stars: 101
How many of the dross that Hollowords signed are still with the club?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 42
forza ivano
August 11, 2021, 4:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,284
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from pen penfras

No chance he was on £2500. Green was our 2nd top earner and on less than that. He also signed in the covid pre-season, so I'd be surprised if he's on much more than £1k a week. I was told Scannell is on less than £1k, which seems very low.

As I said in a previous comment I was saying £125,000  including all payroll costs , bonuses etc .my guess he was on c £1750
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 42
ginnywings
August 11, 2021, 4:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Another player comes and goes without leaving any kind of impression. One of hundreds who will soon be forgotten, but unique in that no fans got to see him in the flesh in a Town shirt, along with a handful of others who will come to symbolise the worst season in living memory.

Hope this is the key that unlocks the deals to come.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 42
fishcake63
August 11, 2021, 4:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
waste of talent because had no heart to put a shift or a tackle in complete bottle job
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 42
Les Brechin
August 11, 2021, 4:55pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from ginnywings
Another player comes and goes without leaving any kind of impression. One of hundreds who will soon be forgotten, but unique in that no fans got to see him in the flesh in a Town shirt, along with a handful of others who will come to symbolise the worst season in living memory.

Hope this is the key that unlocks the deals to come.

It'd be interesting if someone could list ALL the players to play for us over the past 3 seasons, and see how many we can actually remember!  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Williams gone

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.