Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alfreton....Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 268 Guests

Alfreton....Match Thread

This thread currently has 22,293 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Zmariner
August 5, 2021, 9:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
I think that we will be competitive. Not interested in the injury list , possibly correlated to the recruitment but who knows. Mid table in this league would be a choker. Hurst will need some time but this is all about locking into the top 7 , in my eyes anything else is failure. Hurst is well capable of this and I expect nothing less. I am bored senseless by the demise under the old regime and I need something to rekindle the passion which is the lowest it has been. Brutal but truthful utm
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 171
MuddyWaters
August 5, 2021, 9:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
It would be great to see the final pieces of the jigsaw in place sooner rather than later but surely it’s better to get the right pieces? I know we want to hit the ground running but we’re told that there’s money to spend from season ticket sales so we need to be patient.
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 171
denni266
August 6, 2021, 4:26am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
By the sounds of Hurst is saying in his interviews ,  There is nothing out there that he wants and we will have to play the youths etc up front to start off with, Not a good way to start a season by any stretch for any club that has money to spend. There will be many fans that have pushed the boat out cash wise , And have been carried along with the new flow of hope that we have, but paid full price to watch a half built team when it comes to it unless more players have been found  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 171
DB
August 6, 2021, 6:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
We still don't have shirt numbers 7 & 9. Obviously, Hurst has a plan for these positions beit the guys he wanted earlier have gone elsewhere or his targets are holding out for EFL clubs. They could be holding out to see who offers them the most money or be in the EFL and not be required by an existing club, but not replaced yet.

Whichever way you want to spin it no manager is not going to have a number 9 & 7, so it's wait and see time. We're told patience is a virtue and with the season starting soon it's trying for all of us.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 171
Davec
August 6, 2021, 7:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I will be deeply concerned if we go into the first game of the season having not signed another striker atleast (hopefully 2) yes I know no leagues are won in August but we need to get off to a good start o
If we can and starting the first game of the season with 2 teenage youth players leading the front line isn't ideal.

Likewise we need more options right throughout the squad, depth is a real issue and I'm not concerned yet as we still have 2 weeks to go but this time in 2 weeks time on the eve of the new season I sincerely hope we have signed atleast another 3 players with atleast one of them being a recognised striker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 171
golfer
August 6, 2021, 8:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Mariner93er

From what was said, it does appear hurst has been backed with a healthy budget. But that doesn’t really reflect in the team for me at the minute. I can’t help but compare to the team that won the play offs (but only finished 4th), and this doesn’t look as good, which it should if we’ve got a better budget now. And I don’t think a good striker will change my opinion on that.

I think that the reason we have stalled with signings is the fact that we have possibly reached our budget limit mainly due to us being unable to offload our highly paid unwanted players
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 171
August 6, 2021, 8:56am
Guest User
Quoted from arryarryarry

Didn't you keep bleating on last season that we would stay up when many who do have an idea about football could see we were doomed for months.

Hahaha, you know nothing about my background in football, don't assume things sonny, because assumptions are often wrong.  Also I was saying we could stay up until it was mathematically impossible, i.e. if we still had enough to points to play for to avoid relegation.  Those of you experts who said we were doomed from months before the season ends are just those few who always make derogatory comments  when Town lose, but are nowhere to be seen when Town win.
Reply: 146 - 171
friskneymariner
August 6, 2021, 10:50am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from 123614

Hahaha, you know nothing about my background in football, don't assume things sonny, because assumptions are often wrong.  Also I was saying we could stay up until it was mathematically impossible, i.e. if we still had enough to points to play for to avoid relegation.  Those of you experts who said we were doomed from months before the season ends are just those few who always make derogatory comments  when Town lose, but are nowhere to be seen when Town win.

It was quite apparent to anybody with half a brain cell the way we started last season was a recipe for disaster.Whilst this season is not exactly the same there are worrying similarities we have not yet acquired our main strikers at this late date.Had we won a couple more at the beginning of the season we would have stayed up.I am not overly hopeful for this season.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 171
ska face
August 6, 2021, 10:53am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
Like rats in a sack on here. You can tell Hurst’s a yorkie, tight as a Duck’s bottom. Just get some money spent man.
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 171
MuddyWaters
August 6, 2021, 11:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from golfer

I think that the reason we have stalled with signings is the fact that we have possibly reached our budget limit mainly due to us being unable to offload our highly paid unwanted players

Not true. PH made it very clear that players who were putting cones out wouldn’t impinge on his budget.
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 171
18 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alfreton....Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.