4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
somersetmariner
July 31, 2021, 8:02am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
I don’t know why we have these kind of players in our squad. Wrong side of 30 and injury prone. Not worth it. Should never have given him a long contract.

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 31
jamesgtfc
July 31, 2021, 8:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
I'm starting to wonder if we signed him without a medical or Runaway ignored any warnings from the medical so we can't get rid of him because he won't pass a medical anywhere and nobody will pay him whatever we are paying him.

I remember when we released Pearson to replace him with Nathan Clarke. We let Vernam leave for free due to budget cuts and replaced him with a man constructed of glass who is probably earning more than Vernam was!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 31
aldi_01
July 31, 2021, 9:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think Scannell is a great example of the state of the club prior to this season…

There’s no way in gods green earth Scannell secures a contract like his anywhere else with his injury problems.

Couple that with intercourse all to suggests he’s what we need and it’s a hangover from a failed regime and flipping moron manager…

Injuries or not, I can’t be the only one that looks at Scannell and thinks ‘you may be decent but you don’t seem arsed either’…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 31
LondonMariner43
July 31, 2021, 10:09am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,979
Gold Stars: 64
Not too worried about Scannell but I am worried about Hurst saying there are 8-9 injuries.  Hopefully they are mostly minor knocks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 31
Swansea_Mariner
July 31, 2021, 10:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,474
Gold Stars: 63
It's not just the injuries with him either, he started last season out of favour for other reasons that Holloway wouldn't talk about, that suggests an attitude problem too. I'd love to see him play to close to his ability levels but unfortunately I don't reckon I will get to.

Like most I was surprised Hurst didn't bin him off with the others.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 31
jamesgtfc
July 31, 2021, 10:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
It's not just the injuries with him either, he started last season out of favour for other reasons that Holloway wouldn't talk about, that suggests an attitude problem too. I'd love to see him play to close to his ability levels but unfortunately I don't reckon I will get to.

Like most I was surprised Hurst didn't bin him off with the others.

I might be wrong but I think Runaway eventually said that fall out was because he wasn't entirely truthful about carrying an injury.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 31
Bigdog
July 31, 2021, 11:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Well we've found our current fall guy haven't we? From memory, Scannell looked quality in his first few games for us before getting injured. You all say in Hurst we trust, yet you don't trust him with Scannell. Scannell looked extremely fit in the pre-season training videos, and anyone can tell you that has played league seasons of 46 games, injured players work harder than those that stay fit, they have to to get back to being match ready. Some players are lucky throughout their careers with injuries and some aren't. If Scannell was one of the lucky ones, he wouldn't be here, he'd be playing at a higher level. I may be in the minority, but I feel for the bloke, and people who casually want him "binned off" are showing him a great deal of disrespect on a human and professional level..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 31
pontoonlew
July 31, 2021, 11:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from Bigdog
Well we've found our current fall guy haven't we? From memory, Scannell looked quality in his first few games for us before getting injured. You all say in Hurst we trust, yet you don't trust him with Scannell. Scannell looked extremely fit in the pre-season training videos, and anyone can tell you that has played league seasons of 46 games, injured players work harder than those that stay fit, they have to to get back to being match ready. Some players are lucky throughout their careers with injuries and some aren't. If Scannell was one of the lucky ones, he wouldn't be here, he'd be playing at a higher level. I may be in the minority, but I feel for the bloke, and people who casually want him "binned off" are showing him a great deal of disrespect on a human and professional level..

Spot on, fans like to slate Scannells performances despite the fact he only played 11 times last season and put in a decent performance in almost all of them. A couple of them he was our stand out player, especially in his last start at home to Exeter.

A fit Sean Scannell would tear up this league and I think it’s a risk worth taking to keep him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 31
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 31, 2021, 12:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I don’t know all the causes but the injuries last night might be a wake up for the management about footwear on artificial pitches and the need to play stand up football.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 31
HertsGTFC
July 31, 2021, 12:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from LH
The top earner is on over £100kpa. Scannell will be closer to that than £50k you’d think. Potentially one of the best players in the division but fitness is always going to be an issue.

How do you know for sure what the salaries are?

One thing to point out is I’m sure he doesn’t get injured on purpose and he’ll be more frustrated and disappointed than anyone who can post on here.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scannell injury

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.