4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
chaos33
July 30, 2021, 9:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Which surprises me a bit as I think they would all do well at ‘non-league’ level. I thought Jackson had assets and could improve under Hurst’s coaching to be worth keeping and using, and Williams has a good pedigree, can score goals and didn’t do badly at all last season IMO. Danny Rose is obviously older but has lots of experience at a higher level and he has class although didn’t show that to best effect in any consistent way last season. I guess Hurst knows best though.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 32
golfer
July 30, 2021, 9:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Maybe their present wages are so good that they don't want to take a pay cut.  Can't see Ragarse Rovers paying them what they are on here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 32
blundellpork
August 1, 2021, 7:56am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,668
Gold Stars: 32
Rose looked way off the pace of the game last season, not just his legs, but mentally too. Honestly can’t see him playing at Conference level for anyone next year, and would need to drop at least one further division to get game time.

Williams may have something about him, but is far too delicate and fragile for Hurst.

I thought Jackson showed promise  and would probably do a reasonable job at Conference level. However, I trust Hursts judgement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Change of Scenery

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.