Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 260 Guests

We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

This thread currently has 19,599 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
pen penfras
July 26, 2021, 4:02pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from StaffsMariner
The irony will be if the season doesn't start in NL because all the fans get pinged by the NHS app having attended the friendlys and not wearing a mask. The clubs asking nicely assumes people can be treat as adults when this thread shows otherwise.

People will uninstall the app if it stops them doing things they want to do, or just ignore the advice. It's already farcical that some people can not isolate and do daily tests but others can't. When you make decisions like that, people stop listening.

The vast majority of issues with people being pinged are coming from low paid jobs where people are more than happy to get extra time off. Almost everybody in lowish paid jobs that I know thought furlough was brilliant.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 257
aldi_01
July 26, 2021, 5:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from pen penfras

People will uninstall the app if it stops them doing things they want to do, or just ignore the advice. It's already farcical that some people can not isolate and do daily tests but others can't. When you make decisions like that, people stop listening.

The vast majority of issues with people being pinged are coming from low paid jobs where people are more than happy to get extra time off. Almost everybody in lowish paid jobs that I know thought furlough was brilliant.

I’ve known very much the opposite and the reasons for people deleting are for those who simply don’t get paid if they don’t attend work or those on zero hours/a bench jobs.

However, you’re right, people will and are deleting the app. After the third different bit of support and advice from PHE literally all but three of my staff team just deleted it. Most aren’t bothering with LFT now either…if people have things booked and deposits are unlikely to be refunded etc then people will continue to ignore or delete it and understandably so.

Much like plenty of folk at festivals/gigs/sports events have not exactly done their LFTs right, the same will continue…I think the fact the mask wearers were the minority, plenty of folk just going about their business like normal now you’ll see less and less…add in to that mix the once again varied advice; isolation for some, testing (for what use that’s worth) for others…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 257
jamesgtfc
July 26, 2021, 5:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from aldi_01

I’ve known very much the opposite and the reasons for people deleting are for those who simply don’t get paid if they don’t attend work or those on zero hours/a bench jobs.

However, you’re right, people will and are deleting the app. After the third different bit of support and advice from PHE literally all but three of my staff team just deleted it. Most aren’t bothering with LFT now either…if people have things booked and deposits are unlikely to be refunded etc then people will continue to ignore or delete it and understandably so.

Much like plenty of folk at festivals/gigs/sports events have not exactly done their LFTs right, the same will continue…I think the fact the mask wearers were the minority, plenty of folk just going about their business like normal now you’ll see less and less…add in to that mix the once again varied advice; isolation for some, testing (for what use that’s worth) for others…

I don't understand critical workers being exempt because at some point between testing negative and the next test, they could develop it and spread it around. Plus, it doesn't give confidence to those that are vulnerable that the hospital is a safe place for them.

I still have the app but I've never had the Bluetooth turned on as it travels through walls and I take reasonable steps to distance everywhere I go anyway.

I am sure there countless numbers of people that attended Wembley a few weeks ago that should have been isolating and I have heard of someone watching the game on Saturday despite knowingly having Covid. Government have flouted the rules throughout and people have had enough now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 232 - 257
aldi_01
July 26, 2021, 5:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I don't understand critical workers being exempt because at some point between testing negative and the next test, they could develop it and spread it around. Plus, it doesn't give confidence to those that are vulnerable that the hospital is a safe place for them.

I still have the app but I've never had the Bluetooth turned on as it travels through walls and I take reasonable steps to distance everywhere I go anyway.

I am sure there countless numbers of people that attended Wembley a few weeks ago that should have been isolating and I have heard of someone watching the game on Saturday despite knowingly having Covid. Government have flouted the rules throughout and people have had enough now.

Surely though, at some point anyone could test postive but not acruslly have Covid, just enough to register a positive. Colleague had a genuine chest infection, antibiotics and the like; thankfully her doctor didn’t want her to test, prescribed her meds and off she went.

There’s also the fact that some people have never done a test of any kind…incompetent government and frustration and annoyance at it will mean people will stop bothering. If didn’t take such a prominent place in the news I reckon it’d slowly just slip to the back of our minds and everyone would go back to normal…

Surely this thread has runs its course now? Someone was embarrassed and called out; others have presented stats which can be interpreted whichever way you want and others just acknowledged the club put out a predictable statement and a handful wore a mask…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 233 - 257
lew chaterleys lover
July 26, 2021, 9:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from StaffsMariner
The irony will be if the season doesn't start in NL because all the fans get pinged by the NHS app having attended the friendlys and not wearing a mask. The clubs asking nicely assumes people can be treat as adults when this thread shows otherwise.

Here we go!

The tiny minority of fans wearing a mask criticising the vast majority who did not wish to wear a mask who are simply there to enjoy the football.

What did I tell you? The 3000 give or take were not breaking any rules, ALL restrictions have been lifted. How many times do I have to say it?

YOU are in the minority if you want to wear a mask at the game. It doesn't matter if it is watching the match, going to the toilet or getting a drink. ALL restrictions have been lifted.

The club can ask all they want, but very few people are taking notice because they are following the current guidelines. If things change and the government say we have to wear a mask to outdoor events, or any events come to that, then the 3000 or thereabouts will comply.

I cannot get my head around why so many posters are fighting the obvious truth - fans will only wear masks if the rules change.
Private Message
Reply: 234 - 257
Grantley
July 26, 2021, 9:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,504
Gold Stars: 9

Here we go!

The tiny minority of fans wearing a mask criticising the vast majority who did not wish to wear a mask who are simply there to enjoy the football.

What did I tell you? The 3000 give or take were not breaking any rules, ALL restrictions have been lifted. How many times do I have to say it?

YOU are in the minority if you want to wear a mask at the game. It doesn't matter if it is watching the match, going to the toilet or getting a drink. ALL restrictions have been lifted.

The club can ask all they want, but very few people are taking notice because they are following the current guidelines. If things change and the government say we have to wear a mask to outdoor events, or any events come to that, then the 3000 or thereabouts will comply.

I cannot get my head around why so many posters are fighting the obvious truth - fans will only wear masks if the rules change.

Ok. And what’s your point? You haven’t made it clear.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 235 - 257
mariner91
July 26, 2021, 9:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,769
Gold Stars: 262
Nobody is fighting that you absolute weapon. Most people have said they will wear them in the indoor areas and probably won’t in their seat. Nobody has claimed that the majority of fans will follow the ‘encouragement’ from the club either.

People’s arguments, the actual arguments and not the stuff you concocted in your head, is that it’s not a big deal for the club to say that they encourage it. It’s not enforced so you can ignore it if you want and it may make some of the more cautious and anxious amongst the fans feel a bit safer and like the club has their best interests at heart. If snowflakes like yourself get upset about it then that’s a shame but you could just not wear a mask as is your right and stop making yourself look a prize plum on this forum.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 236 - 257
lew chaterleys lover
July 26, 2021, 9:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from mariner91
Nobody is fighting that you absolute weapon. Most people have said they will wear them in the indoor areas and probably won’t in their seat. Nobody has claimed that the majority of fans will follow the ‘encouragement’ from the club either.

People’s arguments, the actual arguments and not the stuff you concocted in your head, is that it’s not a big deal for the club to say that they encourage it. It’s not enforced so you can ignore it if you want and it may make some of the more cautious and anxious amongst the fans feel a bit safer and like the club has their best interests at heart. If snowflakes like yourself get upset about it then that’s a shame but you could just not wear a mask as is your right and stop making yourself look a prize plum on this forum.

That is not the point. I was replying to a poster who certainly was fighting it and saying derogatory things about the majority of our fans. It's wrong. The fans are doing nothing wrong. Nothing wrong whatsoever.

It's not about being a plum or any other fruit you care to mention, it is about sticking up for the vast majority of our fans who have followed all the rules up to this point, and are still following them. It is the poster I replied to that is out of step - he is acting if mask-wearing was still one of the rules.
Private Message
Reply: 237 - 257
mariner91
July 26, 2021, 9:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,769
Gold Stars: 262
I think you genuinely believe you’re some sort of champion of free speech and defender of the voiceless. Get over yourself. You started this thread because you were upset that the club ‘encouraged’ people to wear masks and was claiming how awful it was that they had done this. When the vast majority disagreed with you, you’ve dug yourself in to ever deeper holes and convinced yourself that you’re fighting for the little man or something absurd.

A couple of posters from what I have seen have said they think fans should wear masks the whole game, quite a lot have said they themselves will wear one indoors at BP but not in their seat. The vast majority have said that people are free to do as they like although whilst in indoor areas it would be kind and helpful to wear one as others may be more concerned than they are and it’s an incredibly small sacrifice to make in reality. You’ve attempted to twist the original gripe you had because it was so pathetic and you looked like a big baby. The club has done nothing wrong and very few posters on here have said anything about those who choose not to wear a mask at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 238 - 257
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
July 26, 2021, 9:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556

That is not the point. I was replying to a poster who certainly was fighting it and saying derogatory things about the majority of our fans. It's wrong. The fans are doing nothing wrong. Nothing wrong whatsoever.

It's not about being a plum or any other fruit you care to mention, it is about sticking up for the vast majority of our fans who have followed all the rules up to this point, and are still following them. It is the poster I replied to that is out of step - he is acting if mask-wearing was still one of the rules.

It reminds me a little of when people used to smoke in restaurants. It wasn’t illegal in the UK until 2007 but, as an asthmatic child of the late 90s, it was pretty poor form when adults would light up right next to a family at the adjacent table.

As I said 20 pages ago, the risk outside is low, but out of respect for others you should be ‘encouraged’ to wear a mask in unventilated areas
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 239 - 257
26 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.