Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › PH ON NEXT INCOMING
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 254 Guests

PH ON NEXT INCOMING

This thread currently has 6,533 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
July 10, 2021, 8:17am
Guest User
In the latest interview with Adam Crooks, PH has indicated that his next signing is close and something potentially expected over the weekend/just after the weekend.

Still wants to bring another 3 or 4 in too!

Who’s next through the door?

UTM
Stew0_0
July 10, 2021, 8:23am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,196
Gold Stars: 35
We still have the No.7 and No.9 squad numbers free so expecting another wide player and striker.
Hurst has stated that we will be in for another left back for competition and i think we need another centre midfielder
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
Garth
July 10, 2021, 8:45am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Well it won't be till after the weekend, Keen and Sterling are busy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
Garth
July 10, 2021, 8:46am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Whoops Kane
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
jamesgtfc
July 10, 2021, 9:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,050
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Stew0_0
We still have the No.7 and No.9 squad numbers free so expecting another wide player and striker.
Hurst has stated that we will be in for another left back for competition and i think we need another centre midfielder

I think we are a bit short at CB with Pearson, Longe-King, Waterfall and then Goundry who probably won't play much unless he sees Sears as a bit of a utility defender.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
quebec38
July 10, 2021, 9:34am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
McKeown
Battersby
Russell

Efete
Sears

Longe-King
Pearson
Waterfall

Crookes

Coke
Clifton
Spokes
Fox
Khouri

Wright
Sousa
Scannell

John-Lewis
McAtee
Taylor

I have tried to group the players the best I can although I’ve probably missed someone. I’ve left out the likes of Rose and Williams who I think we are still trying to cut loose and the young players like Adlard who I doubt will get too much game time this season.

Looking at it we look short still in defence at centre-half and left-back. Crookes sounds a good signing though in that he can cover both if needed. I think Sears covers both sides and the middle too so we might actually be done there but we are probably one light unless Idehen can force his way back. Khouri can also fill in left-back.

Central midfielders are stacked plus those who are available to leave so I think that’s done.

The 3 senior wingers can all play both sides. Again Khouri can play wide and I think Crookes said he can cover as a wide midfielder so again who knows but probably one short again for me.

3 centre-forwards doesn’t sound much especially when it sounds like McAtee plays deeper. I guess this is just going to depend on how we line up this season. If we are playing 1 “centre-forward” with a winger either side in say, Sousa and Wright then maybe we don’t need anyone else. I’m not knocking either but Taylor aren’t prolific so along with the number 9 shirt going spare I’m hoping we are going to sign someone we trust can get goals. I imagine it will be 2 up front.

I think we will see at least 2 more signings and then anything more will rest on getting rid of some of the unwanted players.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
HertsGTFC
July 10, 2021, 10:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
I’d like to see,

- 2 more defenders
- A striker
- Another mid fielder

That’s would do it then I reckon.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
GollyGTFC
July 10, 2021, 10:47am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from quebec38
McKeown
Battersby
Russell

Efete
Sears

Longe-King
Pearson
Waterfall

Crookes

Coke
Clifton
Spokes
Fox
Khouri

Wright
Sousa
Scannell

John-Lewis
McAtee
Taylor

I have tried to group the players the best I can although I’ve probably missed someone. I’ve left out the likes of Rose and Williams who I think we are still trying to cut loose and the young players like Adlard who I doubt will get too much game time this season.

Looking at it we look short still in defence at centre-half and left-back. Crookes sounds a good signing though in that he can cover both if needed. I think Sears covers both sides and the middle too so we might actually be done there but we are probably one light unless Idehen can force his way back. Khouri can also fill in left-back.

Central midfielders are stacked plus those who are available to leave so I think that’s done.

The 3 senior wingers can all play both sides. Again Khouri can play wide and I think Crookes said he can cover as a wide midfielder so again who knows but probably one short again for me.

3 centre-forwards doesn’t sound much especially when it sounds like McAtee plays deeper. I guess this is just going to depend on how we line up this season. If we are playing 1 “centre-forward” with a winger either side in say, Sousa and Wright then maybe we don’t need anyone else. I’m not knocking either but Taylor aren’t prolific so along with the number 9 shirt going spare I’m hoping we are going to sign someone we trust can get goals. I imagine it will be 2 up front.

I think we will see at least 2 more signings and then anything more will rest on getting rid of some of the unwanted players.

Russell is no longer on the playing squad. PH wants to bring in another keeper to compete with McKeown and send Battersby out on loan to get some experience of proper men’s football.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 15
coddy60
July 10, 2021, 1:19pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +656
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I think we are a bit short at CB with Pearson, Longe-King, Waterfall and then Goundry who probably won't play much unless he sees Sears as a bit of a utility defender.

Crookes plays left sided CB as well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
DB
July 10, 2021, 1:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I’d like to see,

- 2 more defenders
- A striker
- Another mid fielder

That’s would do it then I reckon.

The squad on the opening vid of training showed 16, plus Crookes. So I'd go along with you plus a goalie making the first-team squad of 21.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › PH ON NEXT INCOMING

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.