5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner John
July 9, 2021, 9:22am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +634
Gold Stars: 54
Spain were all over Italy, if it wasn't for the poor touches and leaning back when shooting then Italy would have got stuffed.
2-0 England
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 41
TownSNAFU5
July 9, 2021, 1:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Agreed.  If Spain had had a good Championship level striker then Italy would have been beaten.  Italy have lost their best player.  They have great experience at CB, 2 have combined ages of over 70.  Great experience.  

It also means that having played extra time last Tuesday, they will not relish someone like Saka running at them.  At 19, Saka is young enough to be Chiellini’s son.  Also have Sterling, and maybe Rashford, Sancho and/or Grealish running at both of them.

I can imagine facing Grealish would be the last straw.  Instincts to stop him at ant cost.  Twisted blood.  Giving away a penalty.  Kane to score.  England 1 Italy 0 in 90 mins.

Hoddle said that in his view Italy had peaked too early,  let us hope so.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 41
Heswall Mariner
July 9, 2021, 2:26pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +594
Gold Stars: 30
0 - 0 after 90 mins & extra time.
Ingerlund win on pens.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 41
jaygy
July 9, 2021, 3:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
1-1 and Italy to nick it in extra time I fear and then me be in a bad mood for weeks. I'm more nervous about sunday than I have been for a football match ever
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 41
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
July 9, 2021, 3:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from jaygy
1-1 and Italy to nick it in extra time I fear and then me be in a bad mood for weeks. I'm more nervous about sunday than I have been for a football match ever

You think you’re nervous! You should have been a fly on the u bend during the run up to Burnley vs Grimsby (2003).

My (now) wife had never been to a live footy match before and I was the only person east of the Pennines she had ever met. We had only been courting a few months. Heavy petting still existed and didn’t just involve lifting the beagle into the back of the car.

I didn’t want her to enjoy it so much she would want to go to another match.

But then I didn’t want her to think Grimsby folk were savages and I couldn’t be trusted to go to another match without her.

I couldn’t shït straight on the train over to Lancashire.

We’re still together. She’s never been to another match. She lets me pet her on my birthday which, like John Tondeur, only happens once every four years. ***

*** for the avoidance of doubt I don’t let JT pet me. Although sometimes we run a deep bath and listen to his commentary

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 41
Mariner93er
July 9, 2021, 4:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
I think it’s a pretty evenly matched final and it’s good that the best two teams in the tournament are in the final. My initial reaction yesterday was to be worried by the Italians, but actually, apart from their first 2 group games, they’ve been winning games by a single goal much like england. They’ll clearly dominate the midfield, but Sterling running at their defence is a tantalising prospect.

It’s so tight but I’ll go for a nerve-wracking 2-0 England, with an Arnold moment in added time. Maguire and Sterling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 41
HertsGTFC
July 9, 2021, 7:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
I’m going to change my prediction to ….

England 1 Italy 0 (Stones)

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 41
Grimal
July 9, 2021, 8:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
England 0. -  Italy 2.    in 90 mins + time added on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 41
RonMariner
July 9, 2021, 8:48pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,860
Gold Stars: 230
Italy are a great side , 33 unbeaten. But both Belgium and Spain would have beaten them if not for missing absolute sitters, and the Austrians gave them a hell of a game.

I think, in the heart of their defence, they are vulnerable to pace -  which we have in abundance.

So we can do it. It will be tough, and it will depend on whether lady luck smiles on us.

England 2 Italy 0

Kane (pen)
Sterling
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 41
promotion plaice
July 11, 2021, 7:54pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201

Last chance, this thread will be locked at kick-off until I give out the result.

Probably tomorrow  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Italy v England ......Score Predictions

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.