monkeyboy
July 8, 2021, 4:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from kamakazebear

What is it with people from Grimsby that whenever someone gets a little bit of success, people feel the need to have to put them down and feel bitter resentment rather than just being happy for them.

Not saying I hate the guy, just find him as amusing as a dead rat in a drain pipe.
Not sure how he got to be where he is. Likes his box ticking exercises just like turgoose(very untalented again).  Good at social media but little else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
KingstonMariner
July 8, 2021, 5:06pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from DB

Unfortunately, this is not isolated to Grimsby. I recall the late Edward Woodward mentioned this in an interview. It went along the lines of 'when I work in New York everybody congratulates you on doing well. but in the UK all they want to do is to knock you down.' Not the exact words but I'm sure you get the meaning.

I also think Ian Botham( sorry Sir Ian ) said something like 'when you get on in life all they want to do is hit your head with a hammer '; again not the exact words.

As for me, I'm very pleased for anybody that gets on in life because they have worked bloody hard for themselves and deserve it.

Tall Poppy Syndrome.

We’re not the only country to have something similar. The Scandies have ‘Jante’s Law’.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
ginnywings
July 8, 2021, 8:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Lloyd Griffith was at BP a couple of weeks back doing a new video.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
fishcake63
July 8, 2021, 8:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
a beard gives it away
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Bearded Keeper

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.