Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ira Jackson.??
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 237 Guests

Ira Jackson.??

This thread currently has 6,288 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Rick12
July 1, 2021, 5:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

If we fill the team with steady Eddie’s trying to improve we’re in for a long stay in the conference
It's a tough one though Dapperz as Hurst is constrained by money . At conference level your not going to get a great deal of quality. It's why having the players in with the right mindset can make a difference. I think Sean Pearson encapsulates that more than anyone.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 34
moosey_club
July 1, 2021, 6:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,321
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from Rick12
That saddens me. He's someone with a great attitude and I liked his mindset from the outset. Hopefully Ira Jackson Jr can knuckle down and work hard and prove Paul Hurst wrong.

This. I think Holloway fcked him about, set standards, moved goalposts, offered him on loan and he battled through those and got a couple of goals in very limited appearances.
Feel sorry for him as after all that and overcoming those hurdles he basically gets binned off.
Whatever he decides to do I wish him the best, better attitude than some of the older pro's we had last season so deserves some rewards somewhere.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 34
Rick12
July 1, 2021, 9:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Whatever he decides to do I wish him the best, better attitude than some of the older pro's we had last season so deserves some rewards somewhere.
Good on you Moosey. Always nice to see  fans supporting players especially when they try. For me personally it's a trait I admire tremendously. I think Ira Jackson Jr is one of those  who has the same mindset as Christiano Ronaldo . Works and sacrifices to the best of his respective ability. In my view a top man.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 34
Zmariner
July 1, 2021, 10:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Rick12
Good on you Moosey. Always nice to see  fans supporting players especially when they try. For me personally it's a trait I admire tremendously. I think Ira Jackson Jr is one of those  who has the same mindset as Christiano Ronaldo . Works and sacrifices to the best of his respective ability. In my view a top man.

Hundred percent in agreement with that, who on earth red crossed your last comment. How could anybody have a negative comment about the attitude of Ira Jackson run into him in Tesco’s once. A good bloke and I wish him nothing but absolute success in everything he does utm
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 34
Rick12
July 1, 2021, 10:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Zmariner

Hundred percent in agreement with that, who on earth red crossed your last comment. How could anybody have a negative comment about the attitude of Ira Jackson run into him in Tesco’s once. A good bloke and I wish him nothing but absolute success in everything he does utm
Thanks Zmariner. Vicente Del Bosque ex Spain manager summed it up when he said said football reflects life.

You always want to see those who try and sacrifice for the greater good of things succeed not just  in football but also life.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 34
aldi_01
July 2, 2021, 6:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Effort and attitude mean a lot and Jackson clearly has that but equally, for a manager it’s finding a balance between that and ability and sadly, for whatever reason I don’t think Jackson quite has the ability.

I’m sure he’ll make good with his career and more but equally we’re in the conference and I’m sure we’d all agree, we’d like to get out sooner rather than later and if that means moving folk on so be it…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 34
Maringer
July 2, 2021, 7:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,681
Gold Stars: 189
There are plenty of players who have the ability but just don't put in the effort (and we've seen a lot of them at BP in recent seasons!). At the other end of the scale, you have players who are limited in ability but absolutely work their bits off to make as much of themselves as they can. Either type can be effective in the lower divisions as long as they aren't at the extreme ends of the scale but if you're too close to either it's not worth having them. Hurst obviously thinks Jackson is too limited to do a job for us and I think we all agree that Gibson certainly is too limited.

The question is whether the likes of Scannell can be nudged to put enough effort in.

It's simplifying things a bit because, obviously, there are players with both ability and the work ethic, but you don't find too many of them in the lower divisions/non-league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 34
Rick12
July 2, 2021, 8:47am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
There are plenty of players who have the ability but just don't put in the effort (and we've seen a lot of them at BP in recent seasons!). At the other end of the scale, you have players who are limited in ability but absolutely work their bits off to make as much of themselves as they can. Either type can be effective in the lower divisions as long as they aren't at the extreme ends of the scale but if you're too close to either it's not worth having them. Hurst obviously thinks Jackson is too limited to do a job for us and I think we all agree that Gibson certainly is too limited.

It's simplifying things a bit because, obviously, there are players with both ability and the work ethic, but you don't find too many of them in the lower divisions/non-league.
Some good points there Maringer. I remember Scott Neilson from the 2014 squad. Skilful player but his heart wasn't completely commited to the game. Another one is Peter Sweeney. A very fluid player and probably could of cut it in the championship on a regular basis had he been more disciplined. For me it's a shame when you see players like these not fulfilling their potential.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 34
Fillipe Noche
July 2, 2021, 9:05am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Don’t rate him I’m afraid as a player that’s going to contribute what we need
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 34
Zmariner
July 2, 2021, 10:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Don’t rate him I’m afraid as a player that’s going to contribute what we need

I would not be surprised if either Jackson or Montel Gibson turned out to be very competent national league players. Time will tell. I love the way our squad is developing.but.feel that we are at least one very mobile striker.short at this point and possibly 2
This is a division where you need 2points out of every three available to win the league. On this basis and from our time down there before you need to win a lot of games. Hurstwas always brilliant at building a defensive unit but to win the league you need to be.very attack minded.Fleetwood and Crawley in their promotion seasons had a lot of good forwards
Utm
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ira Jackson.??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.