6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
MarinerDevil
June 4, 2021, 7:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,811
Gold Stars: 80
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/june/mariners-appoint-new-chief-executive

Grimsby Town Football Club has appointed a new Chief Executive, Debbie Cook.

Chair of GTFC, Jason Stockwood said, "We are delighted to appoint Debbie to this role.  We have some excellent, passionate and committed staff already at the Club and expanded leadership will harness all of that to ensure that the Club is as effective as it can be to support all stakeholders."

An experienced CEO, Debbie worked in local government for 22 years, before becoming CEO of a national health charity in 2011. Her most recent position was Chief Executive at YMCA Humber, an organisation which she led for just under two and a half years.

Debbie said, ‘What an amazing opportunity this is!  I feel privileged to take on the role and work with Jason, Andrew and the Team to build a values-led, high performing Club.  I have witnessed first-hand some of the wonderful work going on in Grimsby, it’s a fabulous place to be a part of.  The power of football to connect families and enhance a community is a very special thing, making this opportunity a true gift.  I am really looking forward to getting started.  It will be great to read the results of the recent fan survey and to continue listening. There is plenty to do, but the impact will be immense for Club and Community’.  

Jason added, "I am delighted that Ian Fleming will remain at the Club in the new expanded role of Chief Operating Officer. Ian's vast experience and knowledge is going to be incredibly important to us and I look forward to building on the excellent relationship we have already established."
Logged Online
Private Message
SomeSanity
June 4, 2021, 8:21pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
Very progressive from the club. I applaud that.

I think the club need more workers and not managers personally. Interesting to see Fleming is staying on though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 51
HerveJosse
June 4, 2021, 8:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,210
Gold Stars: 145
Anyone want to give odds on our next manager being female?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 51
davmariner
June 4, 2021, 8:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
What type of chief executive are ya?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 51
forza ivano
June 4, 2021, 9:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,286
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from davmariner
What type of chief executive are ya?

I'm guessing Fleming will look after the footie side whilst she will be responsible for the business/community/P.R. stuff?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 51
LH
June 4, 2021, 9:14pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted Text
SEXIST COMMENT (removed)

Really?

A democratically elected female fan representative on the board and a vastly experienced exec appointed who just happens to be female.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 51
Green27
June 4, 2021, 9:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted Text
SEXIST COMMENT (removed)

That woman has down far more for this club and its fans than you ever have. You need to give your head a wobble and apologise for such a stupid thing to say. It’s 2021 you complete and utter sexist.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 51
Davec
June 4, 2021, 9:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Who is Moosey Club even referring to
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 51
moosey_club
June 4, 2021, 9:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,325
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from LH

Really?

A democratically elected female fan representative on the board and a vastly experienced exec appointed who just happens to be female.

No.
It's just gone over everybody's head.

For the record....I am absolutely over the moon regards Kristine, was hugely disappointed when she was ousted from her original role, delighted she was re appointed and even more delighted with her recent "promotion".

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 51
Scenes on toast
June 4, 2021, 9:23pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +393
Gold Stars: 2
Some of the comments here already FFS......Fenty has left folks,  its time to move forward stop with the sexist shite.  It's about who's best for the role not the gender or colour for that matter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 51
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New CEO Appointed

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.