4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
May 31, 2021, 11:27pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
VAR is male masturbation

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 36
aldi_01
May 31, 2021, 11:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Having VAR for the play off final and not the entire league makes zero sense...same as the fact we had VAR against palace but Lincoln, who played Everton on the same day, didn’t.

My view is get rid of it, throw it in the bin and just go back to what we were used to. They won’t though, they’ll chug on and continue to over complicate it and for all the cryarsing tv people do regarding VAR their bosses will be thinking it’s great...a plethora of slow motions and talking points which keeps viewers...

Is the game any better for VAR? Probably not, I’d imagine, much like prior to VAR teams that use it have as many decisions that VAR gets right as those that it doesn’t...much like before VAR.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 1, 2021, 2:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,025
Gold Stars: 190
It works in other sports such as cricket, tennis etc and to some extent in rugby too. But, football is a free flowing sport where it just doesn’t seem to fit in. It would be like having it in horse racing where the nags would have to stop halfway round. Maybe there is something in the technology where instant obvious decisions can be rectified and not because a players shoelace have kept someone onside. The fact that the referee is asked to check a pitch side monitor is a frigging joke too

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
blundellpork
June 1, 2021, 5:51am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,668
Gold Stars: 32
It was supposed to be used for clear and obvious errors, but if you need to draw and adjust lines, view multiple times, and sometimes get the referee to watch a clip then it is no longer clear and obvious. For me, if you cannot tell within 2-3 seconds, it is not clear and obvious, and should not even be considered.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
DB
June 1, 2021, 6:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
To me, VAR is all about winning and losing. If a team wins because VAR allows a goal the victors will say it a great piece of technology. If a team loses because a player's nose is beyond the line and is deemed to be offside, then it's ridiculous.

All football rules and reg's are open to interpretation but somewhere along the line some sort of common sense should apply and until that happens we have what we have.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
Rick12
June 1, 2021, 6:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from supertown
That’s the exact reason it was brought in for, not the idiotic way they apply it
Agree. As long as its applied appropriately I think VAR is excellent. I know  a Spanish friend was devastated when Spain had that goal ruled out in the quarter final of the 2002 world cup game. Clearly the ball had not gone over the line which the resulting cross by Juaqin and that Morientes header would have put  Spain in the semifinal .Hopes of a nation dashed by a grave error from the referee assistant. Game is also littered with countless other decisions wrongly given by the officials which have affected games unfairly.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 36
Abdul19
June 1, 2021, 7:53am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,616
Gold Stars: 220
Pandora's box innit? Once you start using replays the inevitable depressing outcome is people being given offside by 1mm, because you're either off or you're not.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 36
Rick12
June 1, 2021, 7:58am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19
Pandora's box innit? Once you start using replays the inevitable depressing outcome is people being given offside by 1mm, because you're either off or you're not.
But if its the difference between winning the world cup or not?. Think about it eg extra time in the world cup final and a goal is disallowed which should of been given eg Frank Lampards goal which of stood in the 2010 world cup against Germany. For me thats why now Iam in favour of VAR.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
Abdul19
June 1, 2021, 8:00am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,616
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Rick12
But if its the difference between winning the world cup or not?. Think about it eg extra time in the world cup final and a goal is disallowed which should of been given eg Frank Lampards goal which of stood in the 2010 world cup against Germany. For me thats why now Iam in favour of VAR.

But that's goal line technology, which is great (apart from that one time they forgot to switch it on!) but a different thing.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 36
Rick12
June 1, 2021, 8:04am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19

But that's goal line technology, which is great (apart from that one time they forgot to switch it on!) but a different thing.
Yes but what about other things. The way Howard Webb officiated that world cup 2010 final wasnt right. Way the Spanish were treated by the Dutch was poor. Always remember De Jongs kick to Xabi Alonso's chest in that world cup as summing it up for me . Should have been a straight red. The stress of the big occasion I feel  got to him. Its why sometimes technology is needed. Human error will always happen and sometimes a helping hand from other sources is needed to make sport more just.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › VAR...now demanded by some

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.