WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 26, 2021, 9:55am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +878
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from Son of Cod

Sorry, but this is a terrible take. I guess he was sat around twiddling this thumbs all week as our defence improved immeasurably during the second half of the season?

And you are using him as a reason that that happened are you? Could that possibly be down to Hurst and Doig coming in and working their magic? Remember Davies has been with Town for a few years now and we have not improved in the slightest until a couple of months into Hurst and Doigs return
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
diehardmariner
May 26, 2021, 9:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
You say that, but show me one thing that the team who finished at the bottom of the league improved on from his coaching? Obviously his influence on the players is zero and his coaching ability is negligible.

You could have parachuted Pep into Cheapside at any point last season and I doubt he'd have made that much of an impact.

Absolute perfect storm to produce nothing last season.  A single coach in the building trying to look after 40 players when you can't train them altogether, a manager who's dipping in and out to take players off to play darts, guys who don't want to be here/cryarseing off when they don't get their own way, new faces arriving all the time, scout reports on the opposition that are done by the managers mate who probably doesn't know his scouting bottom from his elbow, a change of formation every two weeks, completely different change of the starting eleven every week, an unfit set of players because the club didn't have a pre-season, crap facilities....

Need I go on?
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
diehardmariner
May 26, 2021, 10:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543

And you are using him as a reason that that happened are you? Could that possibly be down to Hurst and Doig coming in and working their magic? Remember Davies has been with Town for a few years now and we have not improved in the slightest until a couple of months into Hurst and Doigs return

August - December:  1 Coach - 40 players
January - May: 3 Coaches - Players split into groups.

More coaches trying to have an impact on a small group of players.  Also with a direction set by the manager.

If you argue that Davies has been part of the problem, then wasn't he also part of the set-up that delivered the improvements in 2021?
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
Fishy clapper
May 26, 2021, 10:04am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14

I wouldn't go so far as saying that about him.

You, you filthy cocksock
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
Son of Cod
May 26, 2021, 10:10am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196

Okay, so by that logic shall we bin off Macca and Clifton who were also crap under Holloway? And not give any credit to Elliot Hewitt? You do also realise Davies has spent a fair chunk of his coaching time with us as a youth team coach don't you? During a time when our academy is providing the senior squad with more youngsters than it ever has. I'm not saying Davies is a great coach or anything, as has been pointed out already, how could we possibly know this? What is blatantly obvious though is that the club was an absolute joke earlier in the season (and further back than that) and I know if I had a manager on par with Holloway and a Fentylike CEO then my performance at work would suffer. You're digging yourself a hole here, I think you should drop it and admit you've called this one wrong!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 26, 2021, 10:42am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +878
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from Son of Cod
You're digging yourself a hole here, I think you should drop it and admit you've called this one wrong!

I'm not dropping anything. Everyone on here is allowed an opinion, and I stick to mine. You have your opinion, which I completely accept, and the entity that calls itself Fishy Clapper, who seemingly can only resort to personal abuse, also has his opinion of which I accept that too....and everyone else who has a say.

If we were all in agreement about everything and everyone GTFC-related, this forum would be a boring website to read.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
Son of Cod
May 26, 2021, 11:02am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196

I'm not dropping anything. Everyone on here is allowed an opinion, and I stick to mine. You have your opinion, which I completely accept, and the entity that calls itself Fishy Clapper, who seemingly can only resort to personal abuse, also has his opinion of which I accept that too....and everyone else who has a say.

If we were all in agreement about everything and everyone GTFC-related, this forum would be a boring website to read.

Fair enough. I'm making a note of this in my dossier though that you've tainted yourself with an uncharacteristic poor opinion.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
golfer
May 26, 2021, 11:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Fishy clapper

You, you filthy cocksock

Can you buy them in different colours and sizes like normal socks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
Tommy
May 26, 2021, 11:11am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
You say that, but show me one thing that the team who finished at the bottom of the league improved on from his coaching? Obviously his influence on the players is zero and his coaching ability is negligible.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion etc etc

But wow.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
chipsandgravy
May 26, 2021, 11:13am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,631
Gold Stars: 38
A perfect example of when someone should concede the argument gracefully.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coaching staff needed

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.