2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
crusty ole pie
May 3, 2021, 8:10am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,382
Gold Stars: 66
What percentage in favour to the change is required and is there any way that it could be rejected. Assuming fenty and the trust will vote in favour is this enough to get it across the line or is it hinged on the block Mike Parker still holds
Logged Online
Private Message
KingstonMariner
May 3, 2021, 8:17am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Can’t see Mike Parker opposing it. Due to Fenty weaselling out on the agreement they had to invest a million in the club, he’ll probably be glad to see the back of him.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
bax
May 3, 2021, 8:57am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
It's 75% isn't it? So if JF, the Trust and Mike Parker approve that's enough.

I am sure Stockwood and Petit are astute enough to have spoken to MP before going ahead with this so they'd know he would back it...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
GollyGTFC
May 3, 2021, 8:58am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
£2,379,900 - Total Issued Shares

£  975,000 - 40.97% - John Shelton Fenty
£  500,000 - 21.01% - Mike Parker
£  321,050 - 13.49% - Mariners Trust

£1,796,050 - 75.46% - Fenty + Parker + Trust

If Mike Parker votes Yes/Yes then there is already the 75% required even if there is 100% turnout (which there won't be).

Turnover among minor shareholders will be very low (a lot of them are dead or whereabouts unknown).

So even if Mike Parker doesn't bother voting Fenty & the Trust will be enough to pass both proposals.

However if Mike Parker votes No/No his 21.01% will be enough to block the 2 proposals unless the turnout is greater than 84% (which it won't be). I doubt he'd do that. Although it would be a good chance of revenge against Fenty.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 11
jamesgtfc
May 3, 2021, 9:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,053
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from GollyGTFC

If Mike Parker votes Yes/Yes then there is already the 75% required.

Turnover among minor shareholders will be very low (a lot of them are dead or whereabouts unknown).

So even if Mike Parker doesn't bother voting Fenty & the Trust will be enough to pass both proposals.

However if Mike Parker votes No/No his 21.01% will be enough to block the 2 proposals unless the turnout is greater than 84% (which it won't be). I doubt he'd do that. Although it would be a good chance of revenge against Fenty.

I can't see Stockwood and Pettit getting to this stage without knowing they have the backing of Fenty, Parker and the Trust.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
pen penfras
May 3, 2021, 9:05am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from GollyGTFC

If Mike Parker votes Yes/Yes then there is already the 75% required.

Some people talk like they want Parker to vote no, just to screw Fenty over. Seems such a small minded way of thinking. It's not in the club's best interest, and could lead to him still being here next season which is in nobody's best interest. Nobody knows the actual reason Parker left, and if he's a true supporter then blocking this would be hurting the club for his own amusement over anything else.

Plus I'm sure the new guys aren't daft enough to be requesting this vote without having put an agreement in place with Parker. Be that him being involved going forward, or an agreement to buy his shares.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
GollyGTFC
May 3, 2021, 9:11am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I can't see Stockwood and Pettit getting to this stage without knowing they have the backing of Fenty, Parker and the Trust.

Quoted from pen penfras

Some people talk like they want Parker to vote no, just to screw Fenty over. Seems such a small minded way of thinking. It's not in the club's best interest, and could lead to him still being here next season which is in nobody's best interest. Nobody knows the actual reason Parker left, and if he's a true supporter then blocking this would be hurting the club for his own amusement over anything else.

Plus I'm sure the new guys aren't daft enough to be requesting this vote without having put an agreement in place with Parker. Be that him being involved going forward, or an agreement to buy his shares.

I simply pointed out the only possible way that the proposals will be rejected. Mike Parker is the only one who could cause a No/No outcome.

And I respectfully point out that just because somebody has indicated previous that they will vote one way doesn't mean they won't actually vote differently when it comes to it.

I can't think of a reason for Mike Parker to want to get his own back on Fenty. It's not like Fenty is about to make £200,000 from selling shares that Mike Parker gifted to the Mariners Trust is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 11
ginnywings
May 3, 2021, 9:54am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
The new chaps are already spending money and making improvements, so I doubt it will stall.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
ska face
May 3, 2021, 9:54am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from pen penfras

Some people talk like they want Parker to vote no, just to screw Fenty over. Seems such a small minded way of thinking. It's not in the club's best interest, and could lead to him still being here next season which is in nobody's best interest.

Not sure one of Fenty’s chief fluffers is in any position to be lecturing people on what’s in the “club’s best interests”.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
mimma
May 3, 2021, 12:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 78
Has Fenty sold his shares yet to the new consortium as part of the deal?

If he has then he cannot vote against since he doesn't have any or very few shares.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
KingstonMariner
May 3, 2021, 12:04pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from mimma
Has Fenty sold his shares yet to the new consortium as part of the deal?

If he has then he cannot vote against since he doesn't have any or very few shares.

He hasn’t sold anything yet.

The sale won’t go through until after the vote on Wednesday to change the articles of association and status of the company. It’s all part of the same package.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
mimma
May 3, 2021, 1:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 78
Okay, thanks for that.

But if Fenty was to put a spanner in the works and the deal stalls, he doesn't get his money. So it's in his own best interest to sell since money is what he wants the most.

Stop panicking folks!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The vote

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.