Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How long will it take this time to get promoted
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 242 Guests

How long in NL
1 season (41 votes)
24.12%
2 seasons (44 votes)
25.88%
3 seasons (46 votes)
27.06%
4 seasons (11 votes)
6.47%
5 seasons (9 votes)
5.29%
Like last time (9 votes)
5.29%
Never downward spiral (10 votes)
5.88%
170 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll
Voting in this poll has ended.

How long will it take this time to get promoted

This thread currently has 7,168 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
May 1, 2021, 5:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,062
Gold Stars: 84
I’m going one season via the play off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Kris2
May 1, 2021, 5:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Kind of a "how long is a piece of string" thing really. We have a manager who is proven at that level to build a good team with the resources and poor backing he was given at times. I like to hope that as fans we're a little wiser and experienced with what the league is like and won't go in with an attitude of we're too big for that league and will walk it.

PH and the fans know what it takes to get out that league by now and hopefully he'll use that experience to his advantage.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 47
TheRealJohnLewis
May 1, 2021, 5:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Wow, it seems like people still have the same attitude as the last time we went down and think that it'll be a breeze. (30% - 1 season at the time of posting)
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 47
Abdul19
May 1, 2021, 5:41pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
Up by March, piece of piss

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 47
DB
May 1, 2021, 5:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Next year this time "CHAMPIONS

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 47
ginnywings
May 1, 2021, 5:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Too long...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 47
HertsGTFC
May 1, 2021, 5:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Two seasons I reckon, again by the play offs and we’ll win the trophy too.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 47
grimsby pete
May 1, 2021, 5:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
I put 2 seasons but if we get a goalscorer who stays fit it might be straight back.

I am feeling good about it as we have a forward thinking board this time unlike our previous stay.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 47
Grimal
May 1, 2021, 6:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
I'm going to vote on this when I see what midfield and strikers we'll be bringing in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 47
toontown
May 1, 2021, 6:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
2 or 3 seasons i reckon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 47
RonMariner
May 1, 2021, 6:18pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,864
Gold Stars: 231
I think we will bounce straight back.

We have our manager in place, so won't waste time recruiting a new bloke. We have a manger that has made the NL play offs four years running, and taken a club to the L1 play-offs. We know he can build consistent sides. He has brought some very good players to the club in the past.

Hurst is in place and so can plan building the squad from now. Plenty of time to secure good additions.

We have new owners in place who will be less stingy with budgets.

We already have several players at the club that look like they can do a job at NL level: John-Lewis, Wright, Hendrie, Clifton, Hewitt, Coke, Matete, Menayese. So persuading some of them to stay should be possible with the right incentives. I have no idea how many Hurst will retain, but at least we wont be having to bring in an entire new squad. I think half a dozen good additions added to the best of what we already have would make us very competitive.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 47
Marinerdan
May 1, 2021, 6:30pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +957
Gold Stars: 17
Normally when teams get relegated financially they are in a real mess, assuming the takeover goes through we shouldn’t have that issue. Many of the current National League clubs will also have been hit hard by COVID.

The takeover should also generate a ‘feel good’ factor around the club and help convince potential signings to join us. On top of that Hurst is an experienced manager at this level and if he’s backed by the new owners will be able to improve us on and off the field.

I genuinely feel the first year is our best chance at promotion and should be our aim. If we don’t manage it I think we could be down their for a long while.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 47
promotion plaice
May 1, 2021, 6:36pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,083
Gold Stars: 201

One season as Champions, Prem in another three.

Prem title next then Champions League winners followed by World Club Champions.

Clifton wins the "Ballon d'Or" after vastly improving under Hurst & Doig, Max Wright just misses out.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 47
Gaffer58
May 1, 2021, 6:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
I’m afraid it could be as many seasons as last time. If you look at the teams in that league there’s an awful lot of ex league clubs, then you always have one club that spend way above what they can afford. Look at Stockport, bought Madden for supposedly £250 grand and paying him £3 grand a week. No way will we be paying that sort of dish for a player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 47
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 1, 2021, 6:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I am going for one season and just hope Hurst has the confidence to go for it.

We had a running joke about us getting a 1-0 lead and then playing for a draw didn’t we? Although there are some ex-league teams in this league let’s have a side good enough that they worry about us and not vice versa. So we don’t want a side that performs to potential, we want one that plays above potential. Hurst never gave me the impression he has that dynamism and positivity last time but we have to give him the benefit of the doubt for most of next season at least.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 47
chipsandgravy
May 1, 2021, 6:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
I do hope that the come Wednesday the new owners seize the opportunity to deliver a motivational view of the future for the club and the fans. At the moment I am flat as a pancake and I hated the National League last time round and the thought of being in it again fills me with dread. Not overly sure I can do it again.
However if the new owners galvanise the club, like I hope they can, and give us a clear vision of what life will be like now the Fenty era is behind then I may well be in. They have a big job but also a great opportunity and if they get it right and are transparent with the fans I am sure they will stick with them. The next few weeks may just turn out to be OK at least I am hoping so for my own sake!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 47
HertsGTFC
May 1, 2021, 8:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

Clifton wins the "Ballon d'Or" after vastly improving under Hurst & Doig, Max Wright just misses out.

This will happen as long as the finals are played on fantasy island😂

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 47
AdamHaddock
May 1, 2021, 8:16pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,841
Gold Stars: 26
It's getting harder for long established league clubs to bounce back up but hopefully under the new ownership and with Hurst's experience we will be up there. 4 years

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 47
HertsGTFC
May 1, 2021, 8:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Let’s not kid ourselves as Hurst has referenced quite a bit in terms of being a club that can push for relative success we’re in a mess and I’d wager behind the top 2/3/4 clubs that have been vying to get out of the National League but will just fall short this season.

If we get a good start and the narrative & activity coming out of the club us all positive we’ll get some decent gates which will help build momentum as people will be desperate to get out and watch live games.

Still think it will be the season after next though.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 47
lukeo
May 1, 2021, 8:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,417
Gold Stars: 149

Be realistic... After our triple promotion we'll be invited to a new league called the European elite league

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 47
ginnywings
May 1, 2021, 8:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
We'll be in the Championship in 5 years won't we Mr Day?

Clown.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
Rodley Mariner
May 1, 2021, 8:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
I pride myself on never learning anything so I am voting 'urine this tinpot league at the first time of asking'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
The Yard Dog
May 1, 2021, 10:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
The National league final round of matches are on the 29th May, then the play-offs start on the 5th June, 12th June semi-finals with the final being played on the 19th June, with 2021/22 season starting on 21st August 2021.
The six teams involved in the play-offs are not going to have as much time to plan for the start of the next season ie retained players, time off, recruiting new players, pre-season matches.

Hurst knows what it takes to get out of the National League, he can start his preparation now, retain list, recruitment and pre-season matches, so that come 21st August we are in the best position possible to start our challenge to go out of the league.

We can do our bit, hopefully this time next week, we be the start of a new era for GTFC, those that said they would not return until JSF left, come back. Lets show the new owners and JSF what GTFC means to the supporters, when run properly, lets start selling season tickets now, lets pass the figures achieved under JSF reign.

We all have been waiting to return to Blundell Park, so come our 1st home game, lets pack out BP and for the remaining home games, with us the fans are the twelve man, the more 12th men the better, lets all get behind GTFC and push for a immediate return to the Football League.

Lets show JSF what he has missed by not being bold and ambitious, what can be acheived when you run a football club properly.

Looking forward to returning to BP soon, lets be positive, lets look forward, we the fans can made all the difference.

Proud to be a Mariner
UTM

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
Swansea_Mariner
May 1, 2021, 11:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,474
Gold Stars: 63
Where did Stockport get loads of cash from?

I'm inclined to just say it takes as long as it takes. I expect playoffs every season we are down there, but there's so much luck involved in the play offs that it could take a few goes or it could be straight away.

I mean  I think we got hard done by against both Gateshead and Rovers, but then we did get a bit of luck against Braintree. Only really the Newport year was it cut and dry and we were just outplayed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
Grimal
May 1, 2021, 11:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9

If only Carl$berg did dreams
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
RonMariner
May 1, 2021, 11:42pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,864
Gold Stars: 231
We will have three and a half months to prepare after next Saturday.

That is plenty of time for Hurst and the new owners to drag the back room support and fitness functions up to scratch, bring in new players, get them properly fit and meld them into a unit.

So we should be able to start strongly for once.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
LH
May 1, 2021, 11:54pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
If we look at recent history as an example:

In March 2020 we were all plunged into lockdown restrictions that made some of us go a bit doolally and do things we weren’t used to doing like zoom quizzes and home baking to replace social interaction and afternoons in the pub. If we compare that to us in the Conference last time it would be like signing Serge Makofos, Rob Eagles and Dwayne Samuels in the hope that they could become footballers and take us back up.

In January this year we again faced very similar restrictions but we knew that zoom quizzes were just drinking with an iPad and home baking was just needless calories. We know this time what it takes to be promoted from the Conference. I hope that the new ownership can appreciate that building the club in the community might require a win at all costs attitude initially to regain our place in the league.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
KingstonMariner
May 1, 2021, 11:55pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Typical Twon. Akseptin  seckand best. Wers ya ambishun?

Intergalactic Zero G Soccerball Champions in 5 seasons. Luis Adlard to smash the winner against Alpha Centuri Rovers in the final.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
Ashby mariner
May 2, 2021, 5:52am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
There's alot of teams in the league that will be thinking they can get promoted or expect to be at the top. Notts county, Stockport, Wrexham, Southend. No doubt we should have a good chance but I hope people don't turn on Hurst If it takes abit of time. I for one wouldn't mind watching matches that we win more than we lose rather than a constant struggle in this league each season. If and when we do get promoted I just hope we build on that success to push on to be a top end league 2 club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
Rick12
May 2, 2021, 7:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
Wow, it seems like people still have the same attitude as the last time we went down and think that it'll be a breeze. (30% - 1 season at the time of posting)

Tend to agree. Spoke with someone who played in the conference yesterday and he said it was a tough league to get out of.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
aldi_01
May 2, 2021, 7:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think the league is undoubtedly tough and anyone with half a brain will know that. Coming back at first time of asking is hard, really hard.

I do think the new owners will be looking at that as an option though. Perhaps not throwing the kitchen sink at it but realising that with time on our side and entering a league with so many teams that have been on their bottom we could capitalise.

I don’t think anyone will get their hopes up and naturally there will still be those that won’t accept it’s no longer a pub league and it’s where we deserve to be...again.

I’m not really sure where Stockport have managed to get their cash but we could do with them gone, good away or not, they’re better out the league than in it...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 47
Rick12
May 2, 2021, 8:06am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
I think the league is undoubtedly tough and anyone with half a brain will know that. Coming back at first time of asking is hard, really hard.

I do think the new owners will be looking at that as an option though. Perhaps not throwing the kitchen sink at it but realising that with time on our side and entering a league with so many teams that have been on their bottom we could capitalise.

Still even at this level and in the conference North there have been clubs who have had a big cash injection from rich owners. Makes a big difference . Look at Gainsborough for one when Swann was the chairman . Almost got promoted to the conference and had a good cup run. Soon as he went Gainsborough suffered.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 47
GrimRob
May 2, 2021, 8:07am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,462
Gold Stars: 115
It's a probabilistic thing. I'd say about 4/1 first year. Subsequent years about 7/1 depending on who the competition is. We'd be lucky within three. We'd be fairly unlucky if it took more than 10 years. Our best bet could be a league reorganisation.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 32 - 47
HertsGTFC
May 2, 2021, 8:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
I’m not that bothered about what other clubs do as in theses times there is always going to be a Stockport or a Salford etc.. etc..

What I’m more interested in is what we do and on the basis of what Hurst has done I’d be amazed if we’re not competitive. There is a lot to put in place on and off the field so some will have to manage their expectations as in my belief it’s very unlikely we’ll win the title.

It’s unlikely to happen in the near future or at all but there is a really strong argument for 3 up 3 down from the NL.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 47
Rick12
May 2, 2021, 8:32am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I’m not that bothered about what other clubs do as in theses times there is always going to be a Stockport or a Salford etc.. etc..

What I’m more interested in is what we do and on the basis of what Hurst has done I’d be amazed if we’re not competitive. There is a lot to put in place on and off the field so some will have to manage their expectations as in my belief it’s very unlikely we’ll win the title.

It’s unlikely to happen in the near future or at all but there is a really strong argument for 3 up 3 down from the NL.
Its going to be tough for Hurst as wages will be cut as well .Iam not sure on how much the  percentage will be though?.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 47
HertsGTFC
May 2, 2021, 8:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Its going to be tough for Hurst as wages will be cut as well .Iam not sure on how much the  percentage will be though?.

Agree with you mate, I do think off loading the likes of Hanson and Green will free some money up.

I think we all agree that next season’s squad will look very different Hurst said himself on Friday that he’s already got a list of targets but I suspect most of them will be unknown to many of us.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 47
Abdul19
May 2, 2021, 8:48am

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I've been a big supporter of that for a while now.

Since about 9:40pm last Tuesday  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 47
fishcake63
May 2, 2021, 8:56am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
First two yrs or we could be in there a long time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 47
Rick12
May 2, 2021, 9:01am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Agree with you mate, I do think off loading the likes of Hanson and Green will free some money up.

I think we all agree that next season’s squad will look very different Hurst said himself on Friday that he’s already got a list of targets but I suspect most of them will be unknown to many of us.
Hope Hurst can bring players in who graft. In recent times notable ones have been Sean Pearson and Bradley Wood. Love that type of player.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 47
Abdul19
May 2, 2021, 9:26am

Season Ticket Holder
Apart from the getting booked on purpose bit.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 47
jamesgtfc
May 2, 2021, 9:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,050
Gold Stars: 190
Whilst bouncing back at the first time of asking would be ideal, the play-offs now involve 6 teams and each game is 1 leg. Only the champions go up automatically and there are some big teams down there with one usually throwing silly money at it.

As long as we are there or thereabouts, we have to stick with it and build. Personally, I hope we do it first time but think it might take 3 years.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 47
ginnywings
May 2, 2021, 10:13am

Recovering Alcoholic
The National League has got significantly stronger since we were last in there. If you look at the year Lincoln won it, there were not that many bigger established clubs. Ourselves and Cheltenham going up the year before did Lincoln a favour and made their task a bit easier. We need to see 2 of the bigger, better supported clubs going up to increase our chances.

The league that Lincoln won:-

https://www.google.com/search?.....;/m/0339d5;st;fp;1;;
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
Rick12
May 2, 2021, 10:20am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19
Apart from the getting booked on purpose bit.
Still saddened and surprised that Bradley got himself into that gambling fiasco .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
devs
May 2, 2021, 10:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Whilst bouncing back at the first time of asking would be ideal, the play-offs now involve 6 teams and each game is 1 leg. Only the champions go up automatically and there are some big teams down there with one usually throwing silly money at it.

As long as we are there or thereabouts, we have to stick with it and build. Personally, I hope we do it first time but think it might take 3 years.

This
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
TAGG
May 2, 2021, 8:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
What about a don't know????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 47
dapperz fun pub
May 3, 2021, 10:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,062
Gold Stars: 84
So according to the stats 1-3 seasons then , let’s hope it’s just the one 🙏
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
Posh Harry
May 3, 2021, 1:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,376
Gold Stars: 36
I haven’t got a clue but really needs to be in the first 2 seasons with financial help from EFL payments, otherwise will become a lot more difficult.

What I do want to see is the new owners backing Hurst to make early signings. For years we have seemingly left a majority of signings to lastminute.com and been scraping the barrel. Whether that came from the top to save on wages or not I don’t know, but a few decent quality early signings will send the right message out to both our fan base and our competitors that we mean business.

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
ginnywings
May 3, 2021, 1:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Posh Harry
I haven’t got a clue but really needs to be in the first 2 seasons with financial help from EFL payments, otherwise will become a lot more difficult.

What I do want to see is the new owners backing Hurst to make early signings. For years we have seemingly left a majority of signings to lastminute.com and been scraping the barrel. Whether that came from the top to save on wages or not I don’t know, but a few decent quality early signings will send the right message out to both our fan base and our competitors that we mean business.

UTFM

Think a lot of that is down to players weighing up their options. As Hurst said recently, some players have an over inflated sense of their worth and hang on waiting for a better deal, only to sign when they realise a better deal is not forthcoming. Sometimes you have to be patient to get the signings you want, or move onto another option. League players will be contracted to the end of June usually, so won't be in any hurry to sign early for someone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How long will it take this time to get promoted

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.