10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
May 2, 2021, 7:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’m not convinced Green is either a wage stealer or lazy, I just think he’s done. He’s finished. He’s chipped in with a few goals, no where near enough though.

I get the impression he’s actually a good professional and from what PH has said, he seems to be a good bloke to have around but it is time for him to move on. I don’t blame Green for a two year deal, fair play to him for getting one.

Is it frustrating when he plays; almost 100% of the time it is but wage stealer is harsh when we’ve the likes of Scannell at the club...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 94
pontoonlew
May 2, 2021, 9:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
The fact Green has put in a few decent performances at the end of the season should annoy you, not make you want him to stay ffs. He’s absolutely awful and if you want him here next season you deserve all the shite he’ll deliver for you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 94
toontown
May 2, 2021, 9:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Any of you thinking green isn't lazy, watch his games against his ex clubs. I know players often give that little bit extra against previous clubs, which is fair enough, but green is completely transformed,his physical contribution is upped dramatically. That is what he has the physical capability to do if he can be arsed. 98% of the time he can't be.

The effort he puts in is a box ticking effort, he does just enough to appear to be trying.

Even when he does try though he is still utterly excrement, he doesn't actually play well against these old clubs, its just the effort level that changes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 94
Zmariner
May 2, 2021, 10:18am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from aldi_01
I’m not convinced Green is either a wage stealer or lazy, I just think he’s done. He’s finished. He’s chipped in with a few goals, no where near enough though.

I get the impression he’s actually a good professional and from what PH has said, he seems to be a good bloke to have around but it is time for him to move on. I don’t blame Green for a two year deal, fair play to him for getting one.

Is it frustrating when he plays; almost 100% of the time it is but wage stealer is harsh when we’ve the likes of Scannell at the club...

Agreed, I have seen a large proportion of the games that Green has played for us. I do not in anyway believe he is lazy or does not try. Equally he is nowhere near one of the worst strikers that we have ever had. Nevertheless he is no longer effective and his race is run utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 94
ginnywings
May 2, 2021, 10:29am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Green was a good lower league striker in his younger days. He no longer is and after the next game, he will be an ex player. Another we signed too late in his career.

We need to be finding players that are improving and attracting the attention of clubs above us, mixed in with a few who are at the top of their game in experience. Only then will we have any success on the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › P.Vale match thread - sponsored by Vanarama

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.