8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
April 28, 2021, 10:38am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
The only good thing about losing last night is at least we know what league we will be in next season.

This gives Hurst a couple of weeks head start at getting players in.

I would imagine we shall see some early signings instead of waiting for a cheaper option to turn up.

It's not going to be easy getting back but with our new forward thinking board it will make Hurst's job a lot easier than if Fenty was still in charge.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 79
Hagrid
April 28, 2021, 10:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,524
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from grimsby pete
The only good thing about losing last night is at least we know what league we will be in next season.

I would imagine we shall see some early signings instead of waiting for a cheaper option to turn up.

It's not going to be easy getting back but with our new forward thinking board it will make Hurst's job a lot easier than if Fenty was still in charge.

i think we'll see some players told to eff off out fairly shortly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 79
A Brace Of Tees
April 28, 2021, 11:08am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +706
Gold Stars: 3
There's no doubt in most people's minds that if the team that finished the season had started it, we wouldn't have been relegated.

Sadly, with the escaped lunatic Holloway at the helm back in August, whereby a squad of such utter hopelessness was assembled and one pre-season match was played, we were probably staring at relegation from the outset.

I agree that some of the signings in the January window were 2nd rate - but realistically, in the perilous position we were in, were we ever going to attract players of the quality for example that got us promoted 6 years ago? And with Fenty still pulling the strings? I would say very unlikely.

But from nowhere there has emerged a genuine team spirit with a real will to get us out of this mess. Sadly it was too little too late but the current set of players have certainly given it everything.

I expect we will see a completely different culture surrounding the club with the new owners in place, with proper investment in the infrastructure and playing squad. And the manager's professionalism and work-ethic will see to it that what took place last summer won't be repeated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 79
horsforthmariner
April 28, 2021, 11:20am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,638
Gold Stars: 9
The reality is that Fenty killed us this season. We've finished where our budget dictated we should.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 79
Mayaman
April 28, 2021, 11:24am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from acko338
Sad day - Fenty and Holloway should be both hanging their heads in shame !!

Now for the clear out !!

And some of the players we've had over this seaosn too

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 79
arryarryarry
April 28, 2021, 11:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from grimsby pete

It depends on how long talks take with those players that PH wants to keep but are out of contract and those that PH doesn't want who are contracted for next year, are we going to be lumbered with players remaining but not playing?
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 79
arryarryarry
April 28, 2021, 11:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

None of those clubs had our 'principal funder' in charge

Barrow had a bigger budget than we did?
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 79
arryarryarry
April 28, 2021, 11:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 123614

Feck off then you big baby!

What happened to "we are staying up"?
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 79
arryarryarry
April 28, 2021, 11:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from BenBB

That’s his name!

Yeah, my point exactly making it difficult for away games. Blundell Park is actually quite good for media coverage though with the high gantry, which you can tell by the iFollow feed having good camera work even with a single camera. Some of the other League Two teams have had pretty poor iFollow camera work due to the stadiums.

If town connected their analyst camera up to an internet feed I’d think they could make a decent go out of it.

Hook it up to an internet connected computer/laptop running OBS (https://obsproject.com/) and a decent backend stream provider and they’re most of the way there.

I don't think that would work. I know an analyst at another club and like all analysts they film the games at the widest angle so no zooming in. Plus they also have to be busy tapping away at a lap top all game as well as being in touch with the manager throughout the game. I doubt they would want the responsibility either of fans paying to watch their filming.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 79
grimsby pete
April 28, 2021, 11:53am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Hagrid

i think we'll see some players told to eff off out fairly shortly

With less players on the subs bench some of them might have been told already.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Relegation confirmed    

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.