Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Now just go.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 281 Guests

Now just go.

This thread currently has 4,870 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
pen penfras
April 28, 2021, 1:57pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from NorthLondonMariner
I used to work for Fenty at 5 star fish when I left school at 16 in the 90s. Got paid a measly £1.80 an hour and was made to work on a bandsaw (completely illegal for a 16 year old). The guy working with me at the time kept suggesting I should chop the top of a finger off on the bandsaw, then sue Fenty for a excrement load of ££££. At the time I was more in favor of keeping my fingers. In hindsight, I wish I had done it and took that sharp object to the cleaners.

Good riddance John. Shut the door on your way out.

UTM

Completely untrue. Feel free to cut off any appendage you like if that's the kind of person you are. I'm sure you'll feel great satisfaction in taking your current employer to court and their insurance covering the costs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
NorthLondonMariner
April 28, 2021, 2:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from pen penfras

Completely untrue. Feel free to cut off any appendage you like if that's the kind of person you are. I'm sure you'll feel great satisfaction in taking your current employer to court and their insurance covering the costs.

Good job I didn't listen to him then aye? I am self-employed now, so no thanks  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
aldi_01
April 28, 2021, 3:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from pen penfras

Untrue or not, there are many stories about our friend (not so honest) John and his time both before and during his fire tenure as our intrepid leader...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
rancido
April 28, 2021, 4:28pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,658
Gold Stars: 101
I understand (allegedly) that JSF is writing a book about his time involved with GTFC. It is entitled "How to screw up a football club without really trying - a treatise on total failure".

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
FishOutOfWater
April 28, 2021, 5:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I fear you are right. The man is a weasel.

That's harsh

Weasels are ok
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 22
friskneymariner
April 28, 2021, 5:47pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Can I personally thank the Fenty appeasers and acolytes for so many red crosses down the years. The fact that you can condone 17 years of failure says an awful lot.

And yet the appeasers still have the gall to crawl out of the woodwork.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
aldi_01
April 28, 2021, 5:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from friskneymariner

And yet the appeasers still have the gall to crawl out of the woodwork.

All the piping off and pulling off they do I’m surprised they have time to respond on here...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
Jarmo.Is.God
April 28, 2021, 6:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
If only these 'tyre kickers' weren't told to go away 2? years ago...

Criminal behaviour by a so called 'fan'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
Heisenberg
April 28, 2021, 6:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,116
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from NorthLondonMariner
I used to work for Fenty at 5 star fish when I left school at 16 in the 90s. Got paid a measly £1.80 an hour and was made to work on a bandsaw (completely illegal for a 16 year old). The guy working with me at the time kept suggesting I should chop the top of a finger off on the bandsaw, then sue Fenty for a excrement load of ££££. At the time I was more in favor of keeping my fingers. In hindsight, I wish I had done it and took that sharp object to the cleaners.

Good riddance John. Shut the door on your way out.

UTM

I worked there in the summer of ‘94 when I returned from Uni, must have done 10 or 11 weeks there for an agency. It was a laugh, turning fish on a conveyor belt so both sides could be breaded because they didn’t have state of the art machinery! 5 solid hours of it from 7:30 until 12:30. Anyway, there was a blast freezer there and one of the permanents showed me a fish that he’d been told had been there for over 20 years!!! At least John didn’t try to sell it, I suppose.

I had no idea who Fenty was back then.

And nowadays, yes, I hate everything the guy has done to our club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
MuddyWaters
April 28, 2021, 7:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Every tweet or quote from anyone with anything to do with GTFC has had a dig at the incumbent regime. From Harry Clifton and Macca through ex players Gary Croft, Podge and legendary Macca to all the media. They can’t all be wrong!
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Now just go.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.