Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Oldham (A) Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 278 Guests

Oldham (A) Match Thread

This thread currently has 33,312 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
April 24, 2021, 6:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from DB
The vultures had gathered over Boundry Park and then, to help them, one of our golden boys Matete help Oldham score. Well, that was going to be it, top of the league scorers were going to have a field day.

Nothing left on the carcus but skin and bone, but wait that out of favour man Green has a shot and no it wasn't going to make it to the keeper who can't believe it's a shot and it's in. There's a tad of flesh on those bones and the skin moves. Clifton and Matete put themselves about and we're suddenly holding our own. No Hanson, no Hab and few subs but the carcus is moving in a positive way. Am I dreaming, no I'm watching and it's happening.

Matete picks the ball up and all is forgiven, he crashes it into the net and the vultures have left. The flock have separated on their individual ways to Barrow, Colchester and yes, it can't be but it is, Scunny.

We live to fight again on a mission not impossible. Exeter is all to fight for and our mouths are just, and only just, above water.

UTM

Worthy of Stuart Hall (when not being a nonce).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 210 - 236
Abdul19
April 24, 2021, 6:31pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Gaffer58
I understand there’s talk of allowing some sort of crowd in for the last couple of premiership games, any chance the same for Cambridge, if so will it only be home support only.

No, because the government date is May 17 I think.

(Coincidentally, Cambridge is May 8, so maybe we'll go down twice on the same date)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 211 - 236
Poojah
April 24, 2021, 7:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,878
Gold Stars: 1,523
Let’s not underestimate the size of the task - we need to win our last three games. No small feat for a side which finds itself bottom of the table for a reason.

But Scunny are absolutely toxic at the minute and have two tough away games coming up at Newport and Bradford. The concept of taking one game at a time has never been more relevant than now - one strike and we’re out. But if we can find a way to take it to the last day, I fancy us.

Big IF that, and the bookies odds correctly reflect our likelihood of survival. But stranger things genuinely have happened in football, and this is the strangest of seasons in the strangest of times.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 212 - 236
Teesknees
April 24, 2021, 7:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Think that's the first time this season we've won two Saturday's on the trot, which is a sad state of affairs, only the second time we won two games on the trot mainly thanks to sleepy Hollowbrain!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 213 - 236
jaygy
April 24, 2021, 7:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Stirring up dreams of James Mckeown pulling off a Jimmy Glass in the cambridge game to keep us up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 214 - 236
Withnail
April 24, 2021, 7:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Teesknees
Think that's the first time this season we've won two Saturday's on the trot, which is a sad state of affairs, only the second time we won two games on the trot mainly thanks to sleepy Hollowbrain!

We haven't won two on the trot as we lost on Tuesday.

Great result today and last Saturday though.

We're not on the canvass yet. Up the bloody Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 215 - 236
IlkleyMariner
April 24, 2021, 7:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,034
Gold Stars: 69
Still a long shot to stay up, but think three more wins will do it.

Can only win one game at a time tho.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 216 - 236
Teestogreen
April 24, 2021, 7:18pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from jaygy
Stirring up dreams of James Mckeown pulling off a Jimmy Glass in the cambridge game to keep us up

I watched Jimmy Glass move up the pitch and be on the end of the corner kick in the 90 something minute against Plymouth - anything is possible - no matter how improbable

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 217 - 236
Poojah
April 24, 2021, 7:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,878
Gold Stars: 1,523
Quoted from jaygy

https://youtu.be/LwhSMz6MM5c

Oh can you imagine the ejaculation adulation if that happened, sending Scunny down?

Jimmy has a part in Town history of course, bungling a back pass from his defender to allow Town to put the ball into the box for Eddie Howe to head away for the corner that would result in THAT Wayne Burnett goal at Wembley. It’s like it’s written in the stars somehow.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 218 - 236
GollyGTFC
April 24, 2021, 7:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from RonMariner

Yes, and they will be giving it everything. Good chance they will win.

I would say that  winning the the last three and getting to 49 points might well be enough to save us.  Bloody big ask though.

As others have said, Southend are irrelevant to us. We need to win all our 3 remaining games to have a chance of survival. If we did that we would finish above Southend even if they win their remaining matches because of our game in hand.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 219 - 236
24 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Oldham (A) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.