Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dont let the door hit you on the way out!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 269 Guests

Dont let the door hit you on the way out!

This thread currently has 4,461 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Chrisblor
April 23, 2021, 3:04pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,969
Gold Stars: 242
Quoted from Sandford1981
I know I may be in cloud cuckoo land but surely we should be doing all we can to ‘persuade’ matete to have a season in the conference with us. Perhaps our new owners stumping up an attractive package for him and Menayese would be a good start in drumming up some interest. We could at least put the ball in their courts. If we fail or they take another offer, so be it. Nothing ventured and all that!

Yeah i'd agree with this and a good example of it working out would be Pelly Ruddock Mpanzu who joined Luton on loan from West Ham when they'd dropped down into the conference in 2013-14 and was massively impressive for them. They pushed the boat out to sign him on a permanent deal in January, he was instrumental in getting them promoted back into the Football League that season, and he's now still a regular starter for them in the Championship.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 23, 2021, 3:05pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,319
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from Sandford1981
I know I may be in cloud cuckoo land but surely we should be doing all we can to ‘persuade’ matete to have a season in the conference with us. Perhaps our new owners stumping up an attractive package for him and Menayese would be a good start in drumming up some interest. We could at least put the ball in their courts. If we fail or they take another offer, so be it. Nothing ventured and all that!

I completely agree. They need it to be sold to them:

We're only going to be there for a year if you stay
Be part of our future
Help us move forward
If a bigger club comes in for you we'll help you go with our thanks
You are pretty much guaranteed first team football
We'll make the package attractive

etc etc etc

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
April 23, 2021, 3:37pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +878
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from Son of Cod
LOL had to Google that quote because I thought you were taking the urine but nope it's actually real. He's done a few absolutely scathing pingers since coming back. Telegraph leading with a pic of Matt Green on the article online too!

Yes he has said a few cutting remarks that have been missed within interviews.

And yes I noticed the photo with Green too. Fingers crossed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
grimsby pete
April 23, 2021, 3:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
It will be better to have 22 well paid players that are fit and good at what they do .

Than 40+ that are either past their best always injured or not good enough or all three.

How many games played in total has all the signings hollowhead signed ?

I can remember a few times both hollowhead and Hurst have said yes he has trained this week and is in contention only for them to injure themselves on the day before the game.

Another thing that bugs me is the ones that keep getting injured for most of the season then a few months before their contract is up can play twice a week without any problems strange don't you think Mr Hanson ?

End of rant !!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 23, 2021, 3:56pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,319
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from grimsby pete
It will be better to have 22 well paid players that are fit and good at what they do .

Than 40+ that are either past their best always injured or not good enough or all three.

How many games played in total has all the signings hollowhead signed ?

I can remember a few times both hollowhead and Hurst have said yes he has trained this week and is in contention only for them to injure themselves on the day before the game.

Another thing that bugs me is the ones that keep getting injured for most of the season then a few months before their contract is up can play twice a week without any problems strange don't you think Mr Hanson ?

End of rant !!!

I have been super critical of Hanson but his fitness seemed to improve dramatically when a bullsh*tting gobshite left the building. I have a grudging respect for him as a result.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
Hagrid
April 23, 2021, 4:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544

I have been super critical of Hanson but his fitness seemed to improve dramatically when a bullsh*tting gobshite left the building. I have a grudging respect for him as a result.

ties in with what i heard about said bullshitting sharp object making hanson do his stupid gut busting runs every time he was nearing a return and then subsequently pushing him back 2/3 weeks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
arryarryarry
April 23, 2021, 4:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Hagrid
good on him, some absolute useless bunch of wage stealing shite we've had this year

Payne?
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
Hagrid
April 23, 2021, 4:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from arryarryarry

Payne?

to name but 1 my friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
Son of Cod
April 23, 2021, 4:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Absolutely no chance we'll sign Matete, he'll be in Fleetwood's plans for next season without a shadow of a doubt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
lew chaterleys lover
April 23, 2021, 5:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from mimma
I am more concerned about who he will be signing up, especially in the conference, rather than who is going. I don't think he can keep or sign the likes of Matete, that are too good for non league. It's going to be a massive challenge to get decent players here to challenge for an instant return. The only good thing is that Fenty is no longer holding the purse strings, and Hurst's eye for a good player.

How far down the pyramid would we have to go before we can sign good players?

We signed some good players even with Fenty at the helm so I don't imagine it will be at all difficult to sign them this time round.

As gutted as we all are to drop into non-league, if Carlsberg did relegations this is it. An experienced manager who has the backing of new owners who will want to make their mark, a big fish in a smaller pond and most other clubs being hit hard by financial woes due to covid. We know our fate before the season ends so can make all the preparations in good time and sign players in good time.

This is our best chance to make an instant return - unlike last time we have a better story to tell to potential signings, presumably we will give players better terms and conditions and decent money.

There are not many clubs our size in the National league, so we will be competing with a very small pool for the best players.

I would be amazed if we cannot get a top-class squad, for this level. together.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dont let the door hit you on the way out!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.