Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Direction?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 267 Guests

New Direction?

This thread currently has 12,159 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
April 14, 2021, 5:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,320
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from ginnywings
Direction?

Their words said Championship in 5 years. Their actions equal non league...again.

It doesn't just happen because you say it, or you think it, or you would like it to be. The words have to be backed with action. They never are.

We can only hope that the new owners don't promise us outlandish progress, but that what they do offer, they actually strive to achieve. That'll do for me.

Oh that's a bit harsh Ginny, the only reasons we arent in the new ground and in the championship already is due to total lack of funds, the council not gifting us the land to build on, lack of partners to take forward the peakeds parkway site, lack of housing site planning and demand, appointing completely inexperienced consultants with a track record of fking zero to lead the project, lack of funds, ..oh I said that already, the site being completely unsuitable really and even if all that existed a complete lack of understanding of how long such a project would actually take. .....so c'mon..... who could have foreseen that statement wouldnt have become reality ??

🤣

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 88
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 14, 2021, 6:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,319
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from moosey_club

Oh that's a bit harsh Ginny, the only reasons we arent in the new ground and in the championship already is due to total lack of funds, the council not gifting us the land to build on, lack of partners to take forward the peakeds parkway site, lack of housing site planning and demand, appointing completely inexperienced consultants with a track record of fking zero to lead the project, lack of funds, ..oh I said that already, the site being completely unsuitable really and even if all that existed a complete lack of understanding of how long such a project would actually take. .....so c'mon..... who could have foreseen that statement wouldnt have become reality ??

🤣

You've missed out a deluded chairman who overpromised and underdelivered and who may have been viewing it as an opportunity to personally gain rather than move the club forward.

It's amazing it's never happened....

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 88
KingstonMariner
April 14, 2021, 7:26pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Son of Cod

Slade IN.

I was thinking that.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 88
RichMariner
April 14, 2021, 10:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,164
Gold Stars: 211
What worries me about next season is that the standard in L2 has been so bad that the whole bottom half is probably worse than the entire top half of the National League.

I reckon each of the top 10 teams in the NL could’ve held their own in L2 this season. If we play like we’ve played this season we’d be closer to the bottom four in the NL than the playoffs for sure.

You’ve got a whole list of fully professional and ex-league clubs queuing up to get out of there. There’s a backlog and we’re gonna be just another one to add to the list. We all know how difficult a league it is to get out of; next season could be a testing one even with new owners.

But let’s try and use that time to get our club back in our hearts off the pitch, and hopefully success on the pitch will soon follow.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 83 - 88
KingstonMariner
April 14, 2021, 11:15pm
Meths Drinker
I think you could be right Rich. We need to go down there with positivity but not with complacency.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 88
aldi_01
April 15, 2021, 7:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I think you could be right Rich. We need to go down there with positivity but not with complacency.

Surely the fans and the club won’t be arrogant this time and dismiss it as a pub league?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 88
rancido
April 15, 2021, 11:28pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,658
Gold Stars: 101
Ha ha ha - a lot on here still do. Expressions s like "The Dog and Duck" demonstrate that.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 88
KingstonMariner
April 15, 2021, 11:32pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from rancido
Ha ha ha - a lot on here still do. Expressions s like "The Dog and Duck" demonstrate that.

A mate self-publishes football history books under that name. He’s a Town fan. But I think he was using that name before 2010.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 88
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
April 15, 2021, 11:42pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +877
Gold Stars: 123
New direction?

How about UP?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Direction?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.