2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
April 12, 2021, 9:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220

2. Is it true that your nickname is ‘CJ’ after Anglo-Belgian electro music producer, C.J. Bolland?

I heard he shouted "I'M HERE - AND I'M GOING TO BAPTISE EVERYBODY, WITH FIRE" on entering BP on a matchday.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
April 12, 2021, 9:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
7. You were once described by a fat man in the Main Stand as having the best volley since Sampras. Which was your favourite Town volley? A sweet 25 yard half volley vs Oxford (26/11/05) or the howitzer away at Carlisle (10/11/07) that was so violent it lead to two Sellafield reactors being shut down as a precautionary measure.

[url]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PE7ZyH-8orw[/url]

[url]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j_8A24oUBbc[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
Green27
April 14, 2021, 1:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
The interview is up now. Thank you for the questions. They were great. Paul was a stunningly nice guy and genuinely loves the club which was magnificent to hear.

[url] https://dn35.podbean.com/e/no-need-for-your-fancy-watch-an-interview-with-paul-bolland/[/url]

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
April 14, 2021, 1:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from Green27
The interview is up now. Thank you for the questions. They were great. Paul was a stunningly nice guy and genuinely loves the club which was magnificent to hear.

[url] https://dn35.podbean.com/e/no-need-for-your-fancy-watch-an-interview-with-paul-bolland/[/url]

Thanks for that.

Bolly’s clearly an intelligent and warm hearted Mariner.

Interesting point about the everyday worries footballers have about paying mortgages etc. They are still people behind the box-to-box wizardry.

I guess Paul Jewell will just have to deal with the inevitable tennis court resurfacing when it happens. I’m done with reminding him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
moosey_club
April 14, 2021, 8:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,321
Gold Stars: 229

Thanks for that.

Bolly’s clearly an intelligent and warm hearted Mariner.

Interesting point about the everyday worries footballers have about paying mortgages etc. They are still people behind the box-to-box wizardry.

I guess Paul Jewell will just have to deal with the inevitable tennis court resurfacing when it happens. I’m done with reminding him.

Glad to hear him again , nice he seemed to have a genuine affection for the place....and playing Lincoln  ......interesting to hear his take on JPKK "yeah i did his running for a couple of seasons"  .......and also how much respect he had for Gary Jones as a player.

One thing that did strike me though was his story about Buckley when Bolland bought himself a heart monitor and watch for training and Buckley took it off him and said " i will tell you when to start and stop you dont need that " ......made me think of JF and how much he would have liked that approach to modern methods.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
diehardmariner
April 15, 2021, 12:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,717
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from moosey_club

One thing that did strike me though was his story about Buckley when Bolland bought himself a heart monitor and watch for training and Buckley took it off him and said " i will tell you when to start and stop you dont need that " ......made me think of JF and how much he would have liked that approach to modern methods.

That was my exact thoughts.  Around that time I can always remember Matt Heywood commenting on how the pre-season training was very old school.  This would have been about 2008 time and it was clear that we weren't moving with the times.  No disrespect to Buckley but he was at the tail end of his managerial career and his methods were outdated by then.  

How many times when we were in the Conference did we see part-time sides rock up with GPS vests and an iPad wielding analyst in the ear of the opposition manager?  Yet we had Hurst writing bits down on scraps of paper whilst Dave Moore distributed bottles of water.

I can't wait for this club to move into the modern age!

Great interview though, enjoyed it a lot!  Bolland is very high in my list of all-time Town players and was great to hear how fondly (and accurately!) he recalls his time with Town.  My outstanding memory of him is during the festive Lincoln game in 2005/06, which he mentions during the interview.  Last minute of the game and we're cruising to a comfortable victory, the ball is pumped into the Lincoln corner with no real urgency from either side as the game is already settled.  Bolland chases it down like it's the last minute of a final-day relegation decider, hassles the Lincoln defender into conceding a throw-in.  We didn't even get to take the throw-in as the ref blew his whistle but it just sums up the mentality the guy had.  Every ball was there to be contested.

It's players like Bolland who give you hope that the good times can return.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Bolland Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.