April 10, 2021, 7:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,728
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Croxton

What's up with Ira Jackson?

Did you watch his last appearance away at Mansfield? After suddenly announcing he was a winger and not a striker, he was given his chance and lost possession every single time the ball went to him.

I don’t rate Payne, but when your alternatives are Green or Ira, then surely it was better to select Payne - especially given he set up a goal for us in the last match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 137
PPMariner
April 10, 2021, 7:12pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from psgmariner
4 wins!

Hurst could manage it in the League Two equivalent of an entire Premier League season...you never know

"Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 137
MuddyWaters
April 10, 2021, 7:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
I think anyone bleating about Paul Hurst being manager next season needs to get their head around the fact that he’ll still be here whether you like it or not. He’s clearly got the trust of the new owners and is planning with their backing.

We have certainly improved in the last month or so and he’s got my backing to make the changes needed.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 137
Jarmo.Is.God
April 10, 2021, 7:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
If you thought Hurst was going to be able to get players that was to the standard he wanted, you got it badly wrong.

He had an almost impossible job to get players to join a ship sinking at a ridiculous pace... no player wants that on his CV

Hurst is 100% the man to get us back, and push on further.

With the right backing, he is a good manager...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 137
jonnyboy82
April 10, 2021, 7:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
We won't get a better manager for this club, we're going down but this man needs to be here.

Let's see if he can get us up first time, get rid if the furniture that have been here too long which includes macca unfortunately.

New blood new owners new start but Paul is one of us.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 137
April 10, 2021, 7:25pm
Guest User
Quoted from promotion plaice

I got the impression from Hurst's post match interview that he was having a bit of a dig at JF and how he has run the club down and made it way behind the times off the pitch, could be wrong though.

Yep, me too!!

If Fenty is having his loans paid back over three years, expect his ego around the boardroom (in some capacity) for a little longer I would suggest. Maybe that’s what PH is doing his thinking about on a few fronts. Also, maybe the funds/plans are a hell of a lot lighter without Tom Schutes.

He IS the right man for this Club and we need his work ethic, attitude and desire to take us forward. I honestly think he’ll do a huge clear out (players we perhaps wouldn’t have thought) and I certainly wouldn’t be expecting a return for a couple of seasons.

I am sure that the rebuild will be exciting but also we will need to be patient too. I don’t think it’s going to be at the first attempt.
Reply: 45 - 137
moosey_club
April 10, 2021, 7:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,321
Gold Stars: 229
Cant be @rsed to listen even if he is slagging the board off.

Payne incident aside leaving us short for the second half ...we yet again, despite a change of shape/ approach, failed to register more than 1 decent effort on goal in the entire game....and that came around 20 mins into to the second half from Clifton.
Chances were made or fell to us but Hanson, Spokes,Coke,  Hendrie, Payne , failed to do anything with them.  We just dont have the quality.

I have defended Hanson plenty this season but today i cant defend, his touch was shocking and gave away so many fouls....i also think he had a couple of good chances to head home but didnt take them. I have blamed lack of supply in his defence but realistically, as we dont have anyone who can deliver a decent ball in from wide, from a corner or from a free kick regularly then what is the point in having him in anymore.
I really would like to see something completely different up top using players into feet.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 137
ska face
April 10, 2021, 7:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
Another excellent day for the “told you so” brigade. I am delighted for you.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 137
HertsGTFC
April 10, 2021, 7:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I think anyone bleating about Paul Hurst being manager next season needs to get their head around the fact that he’ll still be here whether you like it or not. He’s clearly got the trust of the new owners and is planning with their backing.

We have certainly improved in the last month or so and he’s got my backing to make the changes needed.

I think what you say is correct they 1878 Partners believe in him. Interesting the view that "he had a transfer window" so that should have made things o.k. Think about the scenario if you're a half decent player who's playing regularly at an EFL club you're not going to sign for a team at the bottom of the table, why would you? If you're a half decent player in the top 6 of The National League the same is probably true.

I think whoever came in to replace Holloway would have needed 2 windows if not a 3rd to finally churn over this fanny dancers and duffers he signed.

We're going down I'm sure of that but Hurst did the first thing all managers do when they come into relegation threatened sides and that is make us harder to beat and up until today's stupidity of 1 individual build strong team spirit. Personally for whatever reason I don't think he has the tools to do the job and make us an attacking threat.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 137
earwigo
April 10, 2021, 7:37pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +101
Quoted from Azimuth

I am afraid to say he is reaponsible as the manager who had a transfer window and over half a season and has taken us firmly to the bottom of the league.

Who was available in the transfer shop window that would of made us a better team ? I’m afraid only broken biscuits left.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.