Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
This is priceless you muppet

A fan takeover, hilarious.

Good luck with that one.

This will be funnier than when Del Boy, Uncle Albert, Boyce, Mike and Trigger bought those 18 carat gold chains off Arnie the con man in Chain Gang.

Boyce: “We are £36.24 short”

DB: “Not any more we are not, you can count me in”

Del Boy: “Thank god for the Great Gatsby”

Priceless DB. Really priceless

Please read on what I think of your comments:-

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 56
MuddyWaters
April 1, 2021, 3:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236

I think you will be in a minority.

I think you’ll find he won’t.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 56
DB
April 1, 2021, 3:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Is that sort of veiled abusive foul language permitted on a website like this then ?

As the saying goes if the cap fits wear it.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 56
Zmariner
April 1, 2021, 3:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
This is priceless you muppet

A fan takeover, hilarious.

Good luck with that one.

This will be funnier than when Del Boy, Uncle Albert, Boyce, Mike and Trigger bought those 18 carat gold chains off Arnie the con man in Chain Gang.

Boyce: “We are £36.24 short”

DB: “Not any more we are not, you can count me in”

Del Boy: “Thank god for the Great Gatsby”

Priceless DB. Really priceless

Agreed, there is some rather silly analysis going on here with a lack of understanding of the finance. Does calling somebody a Muppet constitute bullying? Would this be considered a term of endearment, just a thought…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 56
Fillipe Noche
April 1, 2021, 3:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from TAGG

I doubt that because fans are that desperate to get that flipping idiot out of OUR club they would do anything.
The only people that don't want the idiot out are his family and those who wipe his bottom.

I think you are misinformed or judging the situation wrongly. The feeling of folk on this messageboard is not a barometer for the majority of GTFC fans who love their club and can’t wait to get back to Blundell Park

The majority of supporters love their football, love their club, and will back them to the hilt with that support
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 56
DB
April 1, 2021, 3:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Zmariner

Agreed, there is some rather silly analysis going on here with a lack of understanding of the finance. Does calling somebody a Muppet constitute bullying? Would this be considered a term of endearment, just a thought…

Somebody on here did complain about bullying. I wonder who that was? FN perhaps!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 56
Zmariner
April 1, 2021, 3:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44

I think you will be in a minority.

I think you could be in for a shock, on the subject of season tickets with my mates who are all diehard season ticket holders I do not know anybody under the current circumstances who is going to renew. The national league is miserable and most I know will have no interest if we are not near the top of the league and will play golf or something else on a Saturday afternoon, simple fact of life.Unless we have some fantastic signings and an injection of life into this club 1200 season tickets will be about right for next season utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 56
KingstonMariner
April 1, 2021, 3:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from arryarryarry
Just a few points, when did we last have 3,000 season ticket holders?

If we get relegated and the likelyhood of JF still being the major shareholder would there ever be 3,000 season ticket holders again?

You are asking around 4,000 Town fans many who hate JF with a passion to give him money?

Last season was about 2900. And we had 3000 most seasons since getting back in the League.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 56
Northbank Mariner
April 1, 2021, 3:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172

Is that sort of veiled abusive foul language permitted on a website like this then ?

At you, absolutely when the tone of your replies are aggressive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 56
Fillipe Noche
April 1, 2021, 3:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Last season was about 2900. And we had 3000 most seasons since getting back in the League.

Okay let’s try and make this easy for you

How many of those are adults?

How many of those are then divided down into family units.

Because someone seems to be thinking that each of those season ticket holders would be interested in investing towards £2.5 million to buy a football club.

The crowdfunder raised a commendable amount in excess of £100,000 which was brilliant

Does anyone have any idea at all just how difficult it would be to raise £2.5 million in an area, where let’s face it, many of our fans do fall into that deprived category. Many of whom have to scrimp and save to just buy a Matchday ticket  or season ticket on finance.

By the way, that £2.5 million gets you the club. You then have to start addressing the matter of cashflow management and working capital. Sounds like the majority have absolutely no idea how the current regime has supported that capital requirement that does not appear in a set of published accounts.

The DB fan takeover is just a pipe dream
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Another Way

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.