1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
forza ivano
March 31, 2021, 7:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,286
Gold Stars: 266
Just finished watching the 3 programmes in the series. Long and very hard watching at times, but also essential viewing. The suffering those hundreds of players have been through following their abuse as a child has been deep and lifelong.
Crewe and Newcastle came out of it badly with their lack of acknowledgement and mealy mouthed statements

The men who came forward were exceptionally brave & i hope they can find some way of overcoming their emotional trauma
Logged Offline
Private Message
Bignic69
March 31, 2021, 8:01pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
Literally watched all 3 earlier today, very hard watch. Great admiration for those who were able to find the strength to speak out and ensure those who committed such vile crimes were made to pay.  

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
arryarryarry
March 31, 2021, 8:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
They should have cut the illegitimates privates off with a pair of garden shears.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
moosey_club
March 31, 2021, 9:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,325
Gold Stars: 229
Unfortunately it was everywhere and probably still is , even those amongst us that played at local league levels late seventies early eighties in GY knew of some ...shall we say "fruity" characters running teams who we would giggle about when they were mentioned.
It is really sad but predators go where their prey is, childrens homes, junior football, cubs/ scouts, choirs, schools.

I never went to Matthew Humberston but plenty of mates did and i knew all about a certain "fat" teacher there.

Amazing that all the kids knew something wasnt right about alot of these characters but teachers, parents , authorities didnt seem to pick up on it over the years.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
March 31, 2021, 9:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from moosey_club
Unfortunately it was everywhere and probably still is , even those amongst us that played at local league levels late seventies early eighties in GY knew of some ...shall we say "fruity" characters running teams who we would giggle about when they were mentioned.
It is really sad but predators go where their prey is, childrens homes, junior football, cubs/ scouts, choirs, schools.

I never went to Matthew Humberston but plenty of mates did and i knew all about a certain "fat" teacher there.

Amazing that all the kids knew something wasnt right about alot of these characters but teachers, parents , authorities didnt seem to pick up on it over the years.

Without naming names, this was still going on in local football into the mid to late 90s.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
DB
March 31, 2021, 11:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from moosey_club

Maybe some parents couldn't believe it about a fat man. Perhaps a school head and those in authority didn't want to believe it, after all, they employed a fat man and it would look bad on their CV.

Skeletons in the cupboard?
Well, I was partially responsible for employing a possible pedophile and let him loose in a school.  

Not going to get you up the employment ladder, is it.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
The_Laughing_Mariner
March 31, 2021, 11:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,047
Gold Stars: 10
I went to Clee Grammar, and there was a fat dep head there, who transfered to MH when we went comprehensive.  I'm assuming thats the same bloke

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
The_Laughing_Mariner
March 31, 2021, 11:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,047
Gold Stars: 10
There were rumours about a certain person who ran Gy discoveries

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Football's Darkest Secret

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.