Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's finally happening...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 263 Guests

It's finally happening...

This thread currently has 40,994 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
April 1, 2021, 6:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Looks like Mr Shutes was indeed a tyre kicker, shithouse move from him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 202
arryarryarry
April 1, 2021, 7:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Statement From The Club, Jason Stockwood & Andrew Pettit
Just now

Keep the faith.

Jason added “Like Philip, we are terribly disappointed by Tom’s decision. We are hopeful however that a solution can be found and will continue our discussions with the Club”.

That comment worries me as to how long will they look for a solution and does that mean they cannot move forward as just the two of them?
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 202
MuddyWaters
April 1, 2021, 7:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from pontoonlew
Looks like Mr Shutes was indeed a tyre kicker, shithouse move from him

Depends on the personal reasons, doesn’t it? I’m sure he wouldn’t have come so far through the process with the intention of walking away at the last moment.
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 202
arryarryarry
April 1, 2021, 7:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
A message from JF from the OS

Dear Fans.

I was rather hoping to write to you today to share with you the completion of the sale of my shares in the club and pass on my many thanks to all that have assisted me in my capacity as principal funder of the football club and particularly our great fans for sticking with the club through thick and thin like true Mariners.

Instead, I’m sorry to report that once again Mr Shutes has fallen short of honouring his part of an agreement and has withdrawn from the consortium.

Notwithstanding that and all of the disruption his divisive public approach in demanding a takeover of our great football club, I am working with club and the remaining consortium members positively to try to find a way forward.

I would please ask for patience at this important time and a truce from the abuse and misinformation, largely on social media, aimed towards me, including telephone death threats and the like which I believe are both unwarranted and undeserved. Someone’s untruths become the next person's truths and further whip up the nasty frenzy. Legitimate criticism is always acceptable but vile abuse and the threats mentioned above are never acceptable.

Please rest assured that, whatever the outcome, the board of directors will as always act in the best interests of the club.

In the meantime, let’s be as positive and give Paul and the players our focused support for the remaining games of the season. They need our combined support more than ever.

Kind regards and best wishes

John

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 202
davmariner
April 1, 2021, 7:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from DB

Do you know if this would affect the EFL approval, given that there are only 2 now?

It shouldn’t do but that depends on if a third party emerges to replace Mr Shutes.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 202
forza ivano
April 1, 2021, 7:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from davmariner

It shouldn’t do but that depends on if a third party emerges to replace Mr Shutes.

that a hint or a guess dev?  they have kept Mike Parker in the loop, and previously mentioned that  they'd be bringing new investors in

ps safe to say that Fenty and shutes aren't besties!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 202
MarshMariner
April 1, 2021, 7:30pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from davmariner

If the remaining members could still purchase the club, couldn't they appoint another "Director" at a later date?  If so that wouldn't need EFL approval?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 202
DB
April 1, 2021, 8:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from MarshMariner

If the remaining members could still purchase the club, couldn't they appoint another "Director" at a later date?  If so that wouldn't need EFL approval?

We all seem to be thinking about money for the purchase, but who was going to do what job in the new setup. The 3 of them must have decided who takes responsibility for what, and now the 3rd role has to be split between the remaining 2.

The other thing that has not been mentioned is a new stadium. I believe it was Shutes who want the docks site, so where does it leave the location of the new stadium? if there is now to be a new stadium.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 202
davmariner
April 1, 2021, 8:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from forza ivano

that a hint or a guess dev?  they have kept Mike Parker in the loop, and previously mentioned that  they'd be bringing new investors in

ps safe to say that Fenty and shutes aren't besties!

No hints, whether things have to go through the EFL channel again depends on what is agreed and who it is agreed it with. But hypothetically, my understanding is that if Pettit and Stockwood were to proceed as a duo, there would be no need to go through the EFL process again.

My view is that it perhaps there’s an element of truth to what Fenty says about Shutes. Doesn’t change the fact that he himself has been useless at running the club.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 202
ginnywings
April 1, 2021, 8:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Why is everything about this club so painful and protracted?

Nothing ever moves forward smoothly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 202
21 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's finally happening...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.