1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
davmariner
March 13, 2021, 10:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Disappointed with the game and think it’s pretty much sealed our fate. Must say that I have been really impressed with Hewitt and Menayese (who is improving game by game). Hope that that’s the combination the we stick with for the rest of the season.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
headingly_mariner
March 13, 2021, 10:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Enjoyed Hewitt, not convinced by Menayese, doesn’t win enough headers, gets bullied a bit  and could not trap a bag of sand.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
Mariner93er
March 14, 2021, 10:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
This may be controversial, but I think Hewitt’s arguably been our player of the season (not saying much I know!). Easily been the most solid centre back, been better than Hendrie in right back and has filled in at centre mid when needed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
TAGG
March 14, 2021, 10:27am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from davmariner
Disappointed with the game and think it’s pretty much sealed our fate. Must say that I have been really impressed with Hewitt and Menayese (who is improving game by game). Hope that that’s the combination the we stick with for the rest of the season.

Been saying all season Hewitt is the best CB we have.
Its the only position he can play really.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
Tommy
March 14, 2021, 10:30am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Looked solid the last couple of games but realistically there are bigger tests to come than Carlisle and Colchester sides that were in terrible form (Colchester have scored 6 in their last 15 games).

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
March 14, 2021, 10:40am
Guest User
Quoted from Mariner93er
This may be controversial, but I think Hewitt’s arguably been our player of the season (not saying much I know!). Easily been the most solid centre back, been better than Hendrie in right back and has filled in at centre mid when needed.

I agree
Reply: 5 - 8
forza ivano
March 14, 2021, 12:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
this has been the one big plus of the last few weeks. Eastwood coming in, this partnership plus the introduction of Coke has made us much more solid. We don't look like conceding every time a team attacks us now. Obviously there are wobbles and we still fail to pick up runners or spare men , especially down our left side. Also noticeable that Hendrie looks back to his normal standard.

Looking at next season i would be happy enough with those 4 as the defence to be more than good enough for non League. Think Hurst will know that the LHS will be a top priority in the summer
the other one who's impressed is Lamy. Rotherham's main complaint about him was that he didn't do the defensive stuff, but for me he's worked really hard. If he keeps up this standard he's another who'd look good at Conference level
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
MuddyWaters
March 14, 2021, 12:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Hewitt as a centre back, has been about the only player who’s been here since the beginning of the season who looks up to the task.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
golfer
March 14, 2021, 1:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Hewitt as a centre back, has been about the only player who’s been here since the beginning of the season who looks up to the task.

I agree but knowing what we know he'll most likely be the first to be got rid of
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Centre back pairing

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.