3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 12, 2021, 11:00am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
It’s amazing to me how many of our players apparently get injured in training and given we now have a fitness coach is this more to do with the surface at Cheapside? Always looks ok on interviews but we seem to get excessive number of muscular injuries but the again is it just that Wright, Rose, Scannell et al are injury prone players?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
mimma
March 12, 2021, 11:02am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 78
The footballing gods are definitely against us. What can go wrong has, injuries, good goals ruled out, bad referees, and the FA taking disciplinary actions against us but no one else. The list is endless. It will be a miracle if we survive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
March 12, 2021, 11:24am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +877
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from male private Nale
Also quite a big ask for the likes of the LJL , Coke , Morais and Hanson to play 3 games in 8 days or 4 in 13. As much as we want to see a settled side I can see squad rotation coming with the likes of Clifton , Payne, Adam and potentially god forbid Green starting in next two games.

You vile disgusting person..........uttering the unmentionable. How very dare you!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
March 12, 2021, 11:26am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +877
Gold Stars: 123
I bet we have a better injured team than they do. How about just playing the injured players in a game of walking football?

Saying that, Scannell would still probably feign another case of not being arsed
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 12, 2021, 1:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,319
Gold Stars: 309
I bet we have a better injured team than they do. How about just playing the injured players in a game of walking football?

Saying that, Scannell would still probably feign another case of not being arsed

I don't think Scannell is feigning a case of not being arsed. I think he genuinely can't be arsed.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
malkamalka
March 12, 2021, 2:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
Who knows, the players that come in might actually try hard and give a s hit!

Someone might come in and score a hat trick.

Stranger things have happened.  

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
moosey_club
March 12, 2021, 2:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,315
Gold Stars: 227
We have a good blend of players with known injury backgrounds, players with zero pre season, coming back after a curtailed season, players not used to full time training, very busy schedule, aging players and a sprinkle of attitude/ personality clash with a new manager.

If we were top of the League I wonder if as  many niggly injuries would occur ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
DB
March 12, 2021, 4:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Well for me it's a win tomorrow. Robbed by the ref on Tuesday and the team looked good. Presume Bunney will be left back, not my favourite but if Hab's injured it'll have to be ok.

While the Barrow result matters we still have to win and the improvement in the team can only give positive optimism. A win for Stevenage would help as well. No management change so everything on that front looks settled, the players should know what's expected of them.

Things can only get better and beating Colchester will draw them down the league, while we'll be given a good boost. If everything does well tomorrow then we'll still be bottom, but others will be in striking distance. The future will be in our hands.

Definite win, no problem neither is being positive.

UTM

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
arryarryarry
March 12, 2021, 4:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Wash your mouth out for mentioning Green.

We have had an above average number of injuries this season.  Wright most of the season when he is young and ideally should be raring to go.

I like Wright when he plays but hasn't he spent much of his first team contract out injured?
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
Tommy
March 12, 2021, 6:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,868
Gold Stars: 76
It is concerning with Max isn't it. I like him and think he offers the squad something.

But James Hanson (a player some people describe as a crock and not worth keeping due to his injury record) has played more than double the amount of minutes Max has in the league this season.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Injuries for tomorrow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.