5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 12, 2021, 11:06am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,775
Gold Stars: 82
Thank god I’m old enough never to have used it and how fans think personally abusing a player will improve their performance or commitment to the team beggars belief. I know we can all be guilty of moaning at matches when another pass is misplaced or sitter missed but once a game is over you just need to move on to the next one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 46
ginnywings
March 12, 2021, 11:17am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Social media has given an anonymous voice to dweebs who use it to make themselves feel like they are relevant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 46
dapperz fun pub
March 12, 2021, 11:30am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,065
Gold Stars: 84
I think considering our position with no fans etc Holloway fenty hurst have all had a easier ride than if crowds were present.  Twitter can be toxic but when I read ‘we’re excrement and fenty is this and that it tends to be from town fans with their name and pic presented
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 46
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
March 12, 2021, 11:33am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +876
Gold Stars: 123
I entirely agree that Twitter allows totally anonymous hatred and that there are many sad and vile individuals, but at the same time, the recipients of such tweets can of course choose NOT to even read the viscious vitriole that some people spout on Twatter.

About 95% of all tweets I get, even from those who I 'follow', I just happily scroll right past.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 46
Mariner_501
March 12, 2021, 11:38am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Fenty, Holloway and players deserve 10x what they get.
New owners though, why?? They’re the only hope of getting rid of that scumbag Fenty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 46
Son of Cod
March 12, 2021, 11:47am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Bigdog
Twitter is growing to be a sinkhole for all that is wrong in society. Becoming a nasty vicious place. Same baying mob every single day. Social media needs reform. Proper legal identity registration so that anything written could be sued as libel. Maybe one or two will then start to think before unleashing their hatred.. #gtfc can be bad sometimes, but veer away from it, and the rest is pretty horrific, full of venom, bile and cancel culture witch hunts.. A very depressing platform nowadays..

Growing to be? I'd say it's been a cesspit since its incarnation. Instagram is the bigger evil though, in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 46
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 12, 2021, 12:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,320
Gold Stars: 309
Got to see the irony of us all bemoaning social media on a message board, sat behind our anonymous user names.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 46
March 12, 2021, 1:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from Bigdog
Twitter is growing to be a sinkhole for all that is wrong in society. Becoming a nasty vicious place. Same baying mob every single day. Social media needs reform. Proper legal identity registration so that anything written could be sued as libel. Maybe one or two will then start to think before unleashing their hatred.. #gtfc can be bad sometimes, but veer away from it, and the rest is pretty horrific, full of venom, bile and cancel culture witch hunts.. A very depressing platform nowadays..

Facebook isn't great either. I've unfollowed most people on it. I'd rid myself of it if it wasn't for two groups I engage in.

The toxicity of social media is utterly destructive.

I've been asked on numerous occasions whether I would stand as a local councillor, a role I'd be able to bring plenty of advisory experience to and would commit to with no expectation of financial gain. However I've seen the abuse and sniping that extremely committed local councillors are exposed to by the ignorant and hateful on social media and am not prepared to be a recipient myself. There must be plenty of other people who make the same decision in other roles.

I worked in a confrontational environment for over thirty years so it isn't as if I have a thin skin. It just isn't worth it.
Reply: 17 - 46
KingstonMariner
March 12, 2021, 3:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 800

Facebook isn't great either. I've unfollowed most people on it. I'd rid myself of it if it wasn't for two groups I engage in.

The toxicity of social media is utterly destructive.

I've been asked on numerous occasions whether I would stand as a local councillor, a role I'd be able to bring plenty of advisory experience to and would commit to with no expectation of financial gain. However I've seen the abuse and sniping that extremely committed local councillors are exposed to by the ignorant and hateful on social media and am not prepared to be a recipient myself. There must be plenty of other people who make the same decision in other roles.

I worked in a confrontational environment for over thirty years so it isn't as if I have a thin skin. It just isn't worth it.

Don’t know why this was red-crossed. Maybe the people concerned would like to share their insightful views on the subject.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 46
KingstonMariner
March 12, 2021, 3:42pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Why, what have they been saying?

So no one knows what was said or wants to tell us?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Simpletons

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.