Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harrogate (A) Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 262 Guests

Harrogate (A) Match Thread

This thread currently has 35,828 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
grimps
February 27, 2021, 5:16pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,174
Gold Stars: 46
All hopes gone for me now , I think it’s much easier when you finally accept that we’re going down .
It’s a little less painful now all  hopes gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 320 - 354
aldi_01
February 27, 2021, 5:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from cannylad68
Well that's ruined my Saturday night again.

When you support someone like town this is simply a recurring theme. It’s unlikely they won’t ruin your Saturday...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 321 - 354
RonMariner
February 27, 2021, 5:18pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
Dreadful performance, disastrous result.

Today was an opportunity to make up ground on teams above us. We blew it.

We have signed a complete new team, and still can't compete.

I thought when we gifted Stevenage the winner that we were doomed. I felt that more so when we allowed a dreadfully out of form Newport with 10 ten to beat us. (not sure they havebeaten anyone else since?).  We fluked a win on Tuesday despite playing shite. Today we were well beaten.

Today is the final straw for me. We had had it. We are going down.  To keep hoping in the face of all of the evidence to the contrary, is simply torturing yourself.

Us and Barrow are going down.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 322 - 354
hampshiremariner
February 27, 2021, 5:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
Every game you start off with (false) optimism to then be dumped on the floor again. Does both your head in and your blood pressure.
Best to expect relegation. I just do not have the nervous energy to invest in this team. No good blaming Hurst, the damage was already done. Failure to build on the small improvement we saw last season. Lower mid-table, wow. This season has never got going. Covid issues to begin with and now postponed games. Never had any momentum and I cannot see it starting now.
I won't have Hurst blamed. He was a saint to come back and give it a go. A manager is only as good as the players and I am sorry to say that these lads are.not good enough.
At the moment the club has problems from top to bottom and the rotten bits need cutting out and thrown in the bin. Otherwise we may not have a team at all.
I used to laugh at Donny and Lincoln when they were relegated to the Conference. I look at them now and marvel at the way they have bounced back. There used to be a time when I thought Lincoln were easy meat. Not any more.
I'll never support any other team but this is killing us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 323 - 354
Sir Matt Tease
February 27, 2021, 5:25pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +293
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from aldi_01

Was the only game you saw under Holloway the win at scunny last March?

If you think this is worse than under Holloway you clearly bobbed off during those games...

Anyway, see ya Tuesday...

Sorry, you are right. That was a cracking performance today and I'm sure we are all very proud tonight.

PS, you will not see me on Tuesday, I have more important things to do, like ironing my socks !

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 324 - 354
lew chaterleys lover
February 27, 2021, 5:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,793
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from hampshiremariner
Every game you start off with (false) optimism to then be dumped on the floor again. Does both your head in and your blood pressure.
Best to expect relegation. I just do not have the nervous energy to invest in this team. No good blaming Hurst, the damage was already done. Failure to build on the small improvement we saw last season. Lower mid-table, wow. This season has never got going. Covid issues to begin with and now postponed games. Never had any momentum and I cannot see it starting now.
I won't have Hurst blamed. He was a saint to come back and give it a go. A manager is only as good as the players and I am sorry to say that these lads are.not good enough.
At the moment the club has problems from top to bottom and the rotten bits need cutting out and thrown in the bin. Otherwise we may not have a team at all.
I used to laugh at Donny and Lincoln when they were relegated to the Conference. I look at them now and marvel at the way they have bounced back. There used to be a time when I thought Lincoln were easy meat. Not any more.
I'll never support any other team but this is killing us.

I absolutely blame Hurst.

We were not in the relegation zone when he arrived, let alone rock bottom.

It was obvious he did not want to work with what he inherited, so that was a month or so lost.

He has signed a whole new team who he is "familiar with" who have proved to be as poor if not worse than the previous lot.

He had the fact that the takeover was going through, and the May saga had ended whilst Holloway was embroiled in it so he had a clean start there. He did not make the previous team any better and has signed a new team that cannot defend, cannot create and cannot score.

It was blindingly obvious from the other night that despite the win, we were absolutely atrocious, and the pattern was repeated today. What is he trying to do, and what are they working on in training?

Private Message
Reply: 325 - 354
golfer
February 27, 2021, 5:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
N0 bite in midfield - seem scared to try to do anything Why do we always pass to a man who is marked. I am not blaming individuals just their fking pitch  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 326 - 354
RonMariner
February 27, 2021, 5:56pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
The pitch, the rain, the wind, the ref, there is always an excuse. Even 'they had a man sent off'.

But the truth is that we are still, despite a dozen new players, not competitive.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 327 - 354
February 27, 2021, 6:08pm
Guest User
I know we are poor, yes i know we are bottom, but we are not yet relegated (close it may be) . Why do some people come on the Fishy only after we have lost just to slag off the team and PH  etc etc.  Is it because they get some weird pleasure from it  and are they just waiting for the defeat to make comment. Our football may be boring  but not as boring  as the slaggers.  I will keep faith untill the bitter end, then We go again  next season  in this league or not. It's my /our team. UTM.     rant over.
Reply: 328 - 354
ginnywings
February 27, 2021, 6:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from promotion plaice

Shush, can we we all make out we've won when Ginny gets back with his walk with the dog/s  

Too late PP.

Had a lovely countryside walk with the pooch today. 11 miles in the sunshine.

Always spoiled by GTFC result of course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 329 - 354
36 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harrogate (A) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.