Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Edau paru Newport   (Newport Match thread)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 256 Guests

Edau paru Newport   (Newport Match thread)

This thread currently has 41,246 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 6, 2021, 5:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Stadium

Oh dear.
Ridiculous comment.
Playing against ten men for 53m & its down to "luck"

It’s not down to luck but it helps to have some. Newport didn’t create the goal just a deflected shot that drops nicely for their forward and other than Clifton’s slip they’ve not had another shot on target. In truth whilst we looked much better organised we have a lack of pace down the middle up front, failed to deliver quality crosses from very promising positions and lack a bit of creativity and composure when going forward.

Just can’t see us scoring too often but that was a terrible surface to play any football on the ground so let’s hope a slightly better surface at BP next week sees us getting 3 points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 320 - 357
Lincspoacher
February 6, 2021, 5:19pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +302
Gold Stars: 15
90 mins of 2 strikers stood in the penalty box waiting for a cross and we fanny about passing sideways in bloody midfield.

You have 2 (and eventually 3) strikers all aerial threats and both full backs and both wingers gave them 2 half decent crosses in 95 mins

Joke
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 321 - 357
ska face
February 6, 2021, 5:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
Sometimes is better to be absolutely shìte like against Scunny, or lose in farcical circumstances like last week because the anger marks the pain. I’m so, so down after that, worse than at any time in 09/10, could easily lash myself in the Humber.
Private Message
Reply: 322 - 357
arryarryarry
February 6, 2021, 5:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Disappointed. Did enough to win

I don't think you get this game called football.
Private Message
Reply: 323 - 357
gobby
February 6, 2021, 5:24pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Good first half then they had a player sent. They changed it, scored, and we couldn’t. Why could we not change our system to play against 10? Like for like in our subs and it made no difference. Disappointed 😞  
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 324 - 357
gobby

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from gobby
Good first half then they had a player sent off. They changed it, scored, and we couldn’t. Why could we not change our system to play against 10? Like for like in our subs and it made no difference. Disappointed 😞  
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 325 - 357
Stadium
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

It’s not down to luck but it helps to have some. Newport didn’t create the goal just a deflected shot that drops nicely for their forward and other than Clifton’s slip they’ve not had another shot on target. In truth whilst we looked much better organised we have a lack of pace down the middle up front, failed to deliver quality crosses from very promising positions and lack a bit of creativity and composure when going forward.

Just can’t see us scoring too often but that was a terrible surface to play any football on the ground so let’s hope a slightly better surface at BP next week sees us getting 3 points.

They did "create" the goal by gambling & getting it into the area
Did we do anything similar,ie send some balls into the area etc?
Once again excuses about the surface but it's the same for both sides.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 326 - 357
ginnywings
February 6, 2021, 5:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
One of the reasons I wasn't a massive fan of Hurst was that he's never been the best at finding a way to break down teams that retreat to their 18 yard box. He doesn't do anything different but change like for like. Doesn't take a risk with throwing a defender forward, going three at the back, throwing on an extra striker, anything to break the rhythm of the opposition.

Having said all that, I think we are fooking cursed and I am in no way superstitious.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 327 - 357
Tinymariner
February 6, 2021, 5:34pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
We needed a solid midfielder who could pick a forward pass from in front of our defenders!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 328 - 357
DB
February 6, 2021, 5:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
It's results based and we haven't had any. As good as possession is it's goals that count and we hardly get any. People will look back at this season and say they lost. They won't say their play improved or they looked good at times, nope just lost.

They won't blame oloway or Fenty just say they they lost and didn't score.

On a positive note I did see some green shoots, but mid field creativity has not improved nor has running of the ball or finding channels. Doesn't matter who is in mid field they just pass sideways most of the time.

I saw effort, determination, enthusiasm and guts. The new keeper did ok and I think the team will come good.
3 points against Tranmere and we're up and running.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 329 - 357
36 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Edau paru Newport   (Newport Match thread)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.