1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
TheRealJohnLewis
February 4, 2021, 3:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
A good opportunity to discuss the impact of COVID on mental health amongst those within the football community in conjunction with the National Football Museum.

Reach out if you need help and help others out if you are able to.

Edit: It's the bottom tweet, that is of interest.

https://twitter.com/FootballMuseum/status/1357318604044308481
Private Message
It Bites
February 4, 2021, 4:08pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,214
Gold Stars: 266
From what I'm being told regarding large gatherings for concerts etc I can't see more than a thousand in BP till next year
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
DB
February 4, 2021, 4:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Once the ground is open again I think a major problem for GT will be the sale of season tickets. Fans have had to put up with oloways sh.ite team for half a season which has left us in the lurch in the league.

Also people are creatures of habit so not visiting BP for over 12 months means they have been doing something else, be it watching town on ifollow or listening on RH. Or have they given up on town completely because of oloway.

I have no doubt that Hursty will now be putting out a proper football team, where will it all lead to in the gates of BP next season.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
moosey_club
February 4, 2021, 5:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,317
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from DB
Once the ground is open again I think a major problem for GT will be the sale of season tickets. Fans have had to put up with oloways sh.ite team for half a season which has left us in the lurch in the league.

Also people are creatures of habit so not visiting BP for over 12 months means they have been doing something else, be it watching town on ifollow or listening on RH. Or have they given up on town completely because of oloway.

I have no doubt that Hursty will now be putting out a proper football team, where will it all lead to in the gates of BP next season.

I can only imagine any opening will be at the previously lowered / assesed bubble type capacity of around 1200 ?

How the remainder of the season plays out and hopefully a massive upturn in pre season PR from the takeover will decide how we do against that number.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
DB
February 4, 2021, 5:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from moosey_club

I can only imagine any opening will be at the previously lowered / assesed bubble type capacity of around 1200 ?

How the remainder of the season plays out and hopefully a massive upturn in pre season PR from the takeover will decide how we do against that number.

You make a good point. I had naively assumed our political masters would have the population vaccinated by the time season opens in August and the crowds would be allowed back.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Twelve months from the Terraces

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.