3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Stew0_0
January 30, 2021, 11:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 35
Some may say he played ok today. But i think hes played poorly all season and cost us with several mistakes. Earlier in the season i think he gave away 2 penalties in 2 games. It was his awful pass/slice that lead to stevenages attack for the first goal today and his passing in the wind was dreadful too.
He lacks pace, energy and composure and need a replacement before the window closes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Northbank Mariner
January 30, 2021, 11:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Stew0_0
Some may say he played ok today. But i think hes played poorly all season and cost us with several mistakes. Earlier in the season i think he gave away 2 penalties in 2 games. It was his awful pass/slice that lead to stevenages attack for the first goal today and his passing in the wind was dreadful too.
He lacks pace, energy and composure and need a replacement before the window closes

Christ Stew, you could say that about 75% of this squad right now!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
LH
January 30, 2021, 11:18pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
Another stinker from him today. Couldn’t pass a parcel.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
livosnose
January 30, 2021, 11:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,186
Gold Stars: 16
He’s crap

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
blundellpork
January 30, 2021, 11:20pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,668
Gold Stars: 32
Legs have gone. Signed 2 years too late like so many of our recent players- Welsh and Green come to mind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
Tommy
January 30, 2021, 11:28pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
I think at times today he looked better, playing with 2 new lads in central midfield who can actually play football.

However, despite him making more successful passes ( 68 ) than anyone on the pitch today, sone of the ones he gave away were really sloppy, including the awful one for their 1st goal. Several other passes that would have been classed as successful passes were still actually poor passes.

The other thing was I thought he wasted plenty of opportunities to put a quality ball into the box. We had Hanson, Pollock, Waterfall & Menayese all in the box on plenty of occasions either for free kicks or corners, and we didn't seem to have one decent delivery yet Rose continued to take them all.

Can't hammer him for lack of pace or energy. He was never going to have that any more. But what really kills us is his lack of basic mobility. Players can glide past him and he cant turn or change direction quick enough to do anything about it.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
toontown
January 30, 2021, 11:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Rose might be fine at this level in the right team but were not it. He isn't what we need either.

He seems prone to bad clangers altho it should be said his error today was not quite as bad as mayonnaise for their first goal.

Mind you Rose and mayonnaise are in good company with waterfall and maccaq who both love a catastrophic clanger this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
headingly_mariner
January 30, 2021, 11:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Tommy
I think at times today he looked better, playing with 2 new lads in central midfield who can actually play football.

However, despite him making more successful passes ( 68 ) than anyone on the pitch today, sone of the ones he gave away were really sloppy, including the awful one for their 1st goal. Several other passes that would have been classed as successful passes were still actually poor passes.

The other thing was I thought he wasted plenty of opportunities to put a quality ball into the box. We had Hanson, Pollock, Waterfall & Menayese all in the box on plenty of occasions either for free kicks or corners, and we didn't seem to have one decent delivery yet Rose continued to take them all.

Can't hammer him for lack of pace or energy. He was never going to have that any more. But what really kills us is his lack of basic mobility. Players can glide past him and he cant turn or change direction quick enough to do anything about it.

He shanked a couple of passes on a rough pitch but I thought he was decent today once the two young lads did the pressing. Was calm on the ball and kept it ticking over, he’s often the one who moves the ball quickly wide. Most successful passes means you’re gonna miss a few. Menayese should’ve dealt with the first goal.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
LH
January 30, 2021, 11:52pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
It was definitely more than a couple of shanks.Pass stats in general are definitely one of the most flawed stats kept. The early 2010s Barca completed pass percentage of 109% or whatever it was achieved by Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets knocking it 5 yards between each other for 60 of the 90 minutes is proof of that.

Rose today making the most passes on the pitch just shows he was involved a lot which you’d expect of a centre mid playing against a team guarding a lead for most of the game.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
forza ivano
January 31, 2021, 12:11am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
i'd agree much of what Tommy said. he looked a lot more visible/effective today but as was said, he took a lot of corners and i don't think any of them carried any danger.
the other thing, apart from the really badly misplaced passes, that i noticed was the suicidal nature of many of his passes, which he actually got away with today. I think i saw at least 3 passes across the 20-25 yard 'line' that he got away with.All were close to being intercepted and if it had gone wrong we were in serious trouble.

Actually thinking about it i may have put my finger on the central problem.
There are too many players who are a disaster waiting to happen. They can play pretty well, but the mistakes that they almost inevitably make are totally disastrous. Rose, Waterfall, Pollock, McKeown are all the guilty parties, and its not like its just isolated incidents - it's game after game Menayese looks like he's a new addition to that club - 2 games and 2-3 awful mistakes. add into that Preston and Green who are just  totally inadequate and it's no wonder we struggle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Danny Rose

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.