ginnywings
January 31, 2021, 4:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Yoda
Yesterday was a point lost but it was a lot more than that it was hope.
We need 10 wins to stay up in 20 games i cannot see it.

I hope i’m wrong.

We need 1 more win than Barrow and Southend,  two more than Stevenage.

That last minute gaffe was costly in that it denied us a point, but it gave Stevenage an extra 2, which puts them that little bit further out of reach.

As things stand there is a mini league of four clubs at the bottom, then a bit of a gap to Harrogate. Of those 4, only 2 go down. At the moment, ourselves and Southend look the most likely, but all of them bar us have had an upturn in results lately. There is no reason we can't do the same.

There is also a chance that some other team or teams will get dragged in yet.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 47
arryarryarry
January 31, 2021, 4:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from ginnywings

We need 1 more win than Barrow and Southend,  two more than Stevenage.

That last minute gaffe was costly in that it denied us a point, but it gave Stevenage an extra 2, which puts them that little bit further out of reach.

As things stand there is a mini league of four clubs at the bottom, then a bit of a gap to Harrogate. Of those 4, only 2 go down. At the moment, ourselves and Southend look the most likely, but all of them bar us have had an upturn in results lately. There is no reason we can't do the same.

There is also a chance that some other team or teams will get dragged in yet.

I remember similar posts in 2010.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
ginnywings
January 31, 2021, 4:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from arryarryarry

I remember similar posts in 2010.

Well, you are the most pessimistic poster on the fishy. I never see you make a positive post about anything.

I remember people saying we were down under Jolley, but we won 4 of our last 5 games. Anything can happen, especially when you start playing teams with nothing to play for in mid table,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
arryarryarry
January 31, 2021, 5:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Well, you are the most pessimistic poster on the fishy. I never see you make a positive post about anything.

I remember people saying we were down under Jolley, but we won 4 of our last 5 games. Anything can happen, especially when you start playing teams with nothing to play for in mid table,

I am not sure what there is to be positive about, second from bottom, lost at home to a team that hadn't won away for over a year.

I did say at the time when Neil Woods was given the job after a disastrous caretaker spell he would take us down, sadly I was proved right.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
RonMariner
January 31, 2021, 5:45pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,861
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from arryarryarry

I am not sure what there is to be positive about, second from bottom, lost at home to a team that hadn't won away for over a year.

I did say at the time when Neil Woods was given the job after a disastrous caretaker spell he would take us down, sadly I was proved right.

I said that too about Woods. But I am more confident that Hurst might keep us up. Won't be easy, but I think we have an outside chance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 47
arryarryarry
January 31, 2021, 5:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner

I said that too about Woods. But I am more confident that Hurst might keep us up. Won't be easy, but I think we have an outside chance.

For me we need a rock solid centre-half which we don't have at the moment. You only have to look at the recent goals we have conceded that that area is a weak point as well as scoring goals.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
codcheeky
January 31, 2021, 6:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,263
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from arryarryarry

I can remember being at Aldershot almost 11 years to the day and having the same feeling of inevitability when Proudlock missed a late penalty, I hope I'm wrong but everything seems to be going against us at the moment
We became a non league club and everything about the club has stayed in that mindset.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
ginnywings
January 31, 2021, 6:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from arryarryarry

I agree on Woods. He should never have been given the job and that was one of the worst decisions this club has made. A real turning point in our history. Even he managed to take it to the wire though.

Hurst has more about him you'd think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lowest I've felt since we got back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.