Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lenell John-Lewis return (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 268 Guests

Lenell John-Lewis return (merged)

This thread currently has 28,820 views. Print
15 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Incognito
January 27, 2021, 7:49am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +249
Quoted from DB
A quote from Hursty in the GT today “There’s certainly nothing close to happening there at the minute.”

Read into it what you may.

That's Hursty though... Remember earlier this month when he's not expecting any signings before the weekend (Port Vale game), only to have signed Sam Habergham already and it get announced a few hours later?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 143
January 27, 2021, 8:36am
Guest User
Not a word of this on Hereford or Town OS. Load of bunkum.
Reply: 121 - 143
Jarmo.Is.God
January 27, 2021, 8:55am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Maybe a lot of this rest's on what happens with the national league this week?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 143
joe56
January 27, 2021, 9:50am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from 140067
Not a word of this on Hereford or Town OS. Load of bunkum.

It’s all over the Hereford Times newspaper site. Official websites only report when it’s a done deal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 143
grimsby pete
January 27, 2021, 10:15am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Possibly down at cheapside as we speak proving or not his fitness.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 143
TAGG
January 27, 2021, 12:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Why is everyone obsessed with bringing back former players ffs??

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 143
KingstonMariner
January 27, 2021, 1:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from DB

We are now in exactly the same position with the take over consortium (My 3 Amigos thread).All I get is X's for pointing out we have no information about their intentions for the future of the club.

I’d like more information about their plans too. Under any normal circumstances I’d be saying the same thing. At the moment I think on a balance of risks we're better off with SPS. I have heaps more confidence that they will take the club forward positively, and have a positive impact on the town too, than I would in Fenty.

When the deal’s done, we should press for transparency on their plans. We’ve got the ideal channel for that, and that’s the Trust, a significant shareholder in its own right. I’d urge anyone not a member to join now as the best way of exerting leverage on behalf of fans. If you have doubts about the Trust leadership then get involved and do something about it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 143
DB
January 27, 2021, 2:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I’d like more information about their plans too. Under any normal circumstances I’d be saying the same thing. At the moment I think on a balance of risks we're better off with SPS. I have heaps more confidence that they will take the club forward positively, and have a positive impact on the town too, than I would in Fenty.

When the deal’s done, we should press for transparency on their plans. We’ve got the ideal channel for that, and that’s the Trust, a significant shareholder in its own right. I’d urge anyone not a member to join now as the best way of exerting leverage on behalf of fans. If you have doubts about the Trust leadership then get involved and do something about it.

I totally agree with you, but I'd like the trust to tell us what the 'informal' talks were all about. After all they are not governed by boardroom confidentiality on this.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 143
January 27, 2021, 3:20pm
Guest User
Has it happened yet no.
Reply: 128 - 143
thefish
January 27, 2021, 4:14pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,255
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from TAGG
Why is everyone obsessed with bringing back former players ffs??

Because at this level, most people haven’t heard of many of the other players that we could possibly sign. Before joining town, how often have you actually heard of the players that we sign (granted they might be touted on here the day before by somebody ‘in the know’)?

People love a rumour but a rumour that we are about to sign Montel Gibson isn’t going to get as many people excited as a Boyle, Amond, Lenny rumour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 143
15 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lenell John-Lewis return (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.