7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
LocalLadGTFC
January 21, 2021, 4:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,352
Gold Stars: 140
13 games in probably the best midfield in L1, not bad going.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 60
The_Laughing_Mariner
January 21, 2021, 4:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,047
Gold Stars: 10
Confirmed on our OS

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 60
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 21, 2021, 4:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Anyone spotting a trend here.....pacey centre back, now a pacey midfielder, think Hurst has picked up on our lack of pace, just need a decent pacey striker and there's a good spine there!.Hope the boy does well for us!..UTM..

I note on another thread that Billy Chadwick may also be back on our radar. What’s surprising about the two signings this week, all three if Chadwick signs, is that they are all very young players and not sure why but I was expecting Hurst to bring in some experienced players.

But think your point is correct that we seem to be getting in young powerful and pacey players which added to the return of Scannell, Wright and Hanson, starts to give us a very healthy mix of experience and enthusiasm with the two signed this week also have had experience playing in L1. Maybe with a better blend of players the likes of Rose & Bennett will start to show that they are not a waste of a shirt and will add the value we expected when they signed.

I always have a positive outlook on signings, normally lasts until I’ve seen them play a few games, but optimism is starting to rise again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 60
Tinymariner
January 21, 2021, 4:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

I note on another thread that Billy Chadwick may also be back on our radar. What’s surprising about the two signings this week, all three if Chadwick signs, is that they are all very young players and not sure why but I was expecting Hurst to bring in some experienced players.

But think your point is correct that we seem to be getting in young powerful and pacey players which added to the return of Scannell, Wright and Hanson, starts to give us a very healthy mix of experience and enthusiasm with the two signed this week also have had experience playing in L1. Maybe with a better blend of players the likes of Rose & Bennett will start to show that they are not a waste of a shirt and will add the value we expected when they signed.

I always have a positive outlook on signings, normally lasts until I’ve seen them play a few games, but optimism is starting to rise again.

Giles Coke may be signing too, this will add some experience in the middle/up front too.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 60
Mikey_345
January 21, 2021, 4:41pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,579
Gold Stars: 113
Typical Hurst, didn’t hear about this or his name until obviously done this morning.

Really like this one, looks like someone comfortable on the ball but also brings much needed mobility in the middle of the park. We’ve been broken through far to easy at times this season.

With him and Rollin looks like we are much more solid and mobile through the spine of the team.

Expect we may see some permanent deals towards the end of the window when clubs have to let players out.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 60
ginnywings
January 21, 2021, 4:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Just watched his interview and there were a few clips of training this morning. Hanson looked like he was moving freely, with Scannell and Morais also running about in the background. We seem to be edging toward a better starting eleven.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 60
headingly_mariner
January 21, 2021, 4:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from ginnywings
Just watched his interview and there were a few clips of training this morning. Hanson looked like he was moving freely, with Scannell and Morais also running about in the background. We seem to be edging toward a better starting eleven.

That is a huge positive. Scannell looked a class apart in that game before he was injured. I think it’s probably fair to say if Hanson is fit for the rest of the season we will stay up, big if though, I imagine he’d be like a pig in excrement with Morais on the wing raining the crosses in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 60
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 21, 2021, 4:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
“On ma tête son”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 60
Azimuth
January 21, 2021, 5:00pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +709
Gold Stars: 61
Everything to prove to his own club so should be an exciting addition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 60
coddy60
January 21, 2021, 5:06pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +656
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner

OS has said he has played in 13 games this season in all competitions.

All in all that's 13 from a possible 31 in his first season as a pro. I remember some of our first team pro's in past and some in present getting 1 or 2 games over several seasons, if that.

I suppose we can only judge when we've seen him, looks a promising young player.

7 is the number of league games, I dont recognise the football league trophy  😁
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jay Matete

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.