1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Ruston AT
January 12, 2021, 1:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +426
Gold Stars: 10

I was going to save this but I'm bored, the EFL want to fine us ok stick this in your EFL pipe ( I'm ready for the red crosses) ;-

We played Chelski , A prem ref took command (we also had to abide by VAR), Crawley played T'Leeds  a Prem ref took command just 2 examples.

My point is these prem refs know all the prem players by name and referee the game using rules that are different rules to those that we have to play to...                 so why can't the EFL referees take control of these prestige matches (it is the EFL cup when all said and done) . At least it would be a level playing field, the ref wouldn't know the names of any of the players and both teams would get c**p decisions.

Logged Offline
Private Message
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
January 12, 2021, 1:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
I'd take another Premier league team drubbing in a cup with a goal ruled out for us because a players ear was 0.3mm offside according to VAR just for the fact that itd mean were still in the football league next season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
gobby
January 12, 2021, 3:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Ruston AT

I was going to save this but I'm bored, the EFL want to fine us ok stick this in your EFL pipe ( I'm ready for the red crosses) ;-

We played Chelski , A prem ref took command (we also had to abide by VAR), Crawley played T'Leeds  a Prem ref took command just 2 examples.

My point is these prem refs know all the prem players by name and referee the game using rules that are different rules to those that we have to play to...                 so why can't the EFL referees take control of these prestige matches (it is the EFL cup when all said and done) . At least it would be a level playing field, the ref wouldn't know the names of any of the players and both teams would get c**p decisions.

What a crock of shite! I never got to referee in the Premier but if I was asked to ref Leeds v Chelsea I would know every players name.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
aldi_01
January 12, 2021, 4:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I mean if you work with someone several times through a year you’re gonna know their name, it’s just good manners surely?

I think cryarsing because we’ve been fined, when we’ve admitted mistakes is rather futile...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
malkamalka
January 12, 2021, 5:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
Certain "Elite group" referees have their favourites. One in particular does a little jig when he's reffing Spurs and they score. Another is so unfit, he is constantly behind the play and when asked about incidents by players, you can see him saying he didn't see it. The number of times the referee gets in the way of the ball or players is absolutely disgraceful. Yet another ref used to call Rooney "Wazza" and yet another laughs and jokes with one team, but books the opposition players for the slightest infringement. There was an incident in the Toon v Arsenal cup game at the weekend where the referee gave a red card for the most light of challenges. VAR interceded and in the end the ref changed the red to yellow. When you watch the incident slowed down, no way was it a foul, and the referee responded to a scream from the "victim" (who wasn't even hurt because contact was minimal.

Interesting watching the game last night at Stockport. The pitch was under water in places and generally, resemble a ploughed field, but the referee allowed the game to be played. In the end, I think Stockport were undone by the condition of their own pitch.

I don't know who gave the the title "Elite" because they are not. I've seen loads of EFL games with much better refs.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 12, 2021, 5:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from malkamalka
There was an incident in the Toon v Arsenal cup game at the weekend where the referee gave a red card for the most light of challenges. VAR interceded and in the end the ref changed the red to yellow. When you watch the incident slowed down, no way was it a foul, and the referee responded to a scream from the "victim" (who wasn't even hurt because contact was minimal.

At first sight, at full speed, I thought the Smith-Rowe tackle on Longstaff was a clear red card. It looked two footed and both feet were well off the ground. It appeared a shocking tackle from the camera angle and presumably so from where the referee was positioned.

It was only in the replay that it became apparent that no contact was made, although both feet were off the ground, it was more of a waft than a lunge. Longstaff didn’t do Smith-Rowe any favours with his screaming but ESR was slightly out of control and you cannot tackle like that anymore without risking punishment.

It wasn’t a red card but if I would have been the referee, without the benefit of the replay, I would have been thrusting that red card in his face too.

A victory for VAR, correcting a well intentioned mistake by the referee.

I’m not a referee but it’s a difficult job. They are human and make mistakes. Even VAR makes mistakes and most incidents are subjective.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Premiership Referees

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.