3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Withnail
January 11, 2021, 1:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Hurst confirmed that James Tilley’s absence from the squad at Vale Park was not due to injury.

Under transfer bid?
Tilley wants out?
PH doesn't want him?
Big fall out?

Curiouser and curiouser.

Wants out would be my guess. He only came because of Holloway

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
headingly_mariner
January 11, 2021, 2:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
He’s had an unlucky run with injuries. Has looked quite a good player earlier in the season. Takes it in tight areas and will run with it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
arryarryarry
January 11, 2021, 4:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from pontoonlew
Think he’s done okay but knowing Hurst I just don’t think he fancies him much. Historically Hurst has liked wingers who can contribute all over the pitch and Tilley is urine weak in the challenge (I do appreciate that Hurst was responsible for Luke McCarthy, shivers) . Wouldn’t be surprised to hear that there was a fall out after he was brought off against Cambridge either.

A number of our players are urine weak in the challenge that hasn't stopped Hurst from picking them.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
arryarryarry
January 11, 2021, 4:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
Another young lad Holloway plucked from a team at the opposite end of the country. I seem to remember either his parents being present at the signing or even in a picture with him and Holloway.

IH even said something I think about thanking his Mum and Dad for the process in which he signed. Granted he is 22 and not a teenager but often these players who move to clubs 5 or 6 hours away from their home end up getting home sick and want to end up moving back to be closer to home.

He has taken Ira and Spokes as well who are both young southern born players playing local Non-League football and has brought them up north, obviously like Tilley I am sure all were sold the dream of playing under Ollie being coached by this genius and sold an image of the club going places etc etc

I suspect now he has gone a few of the younger players who wanted to come here for Holloway predominantly will have an eye on moving away.

Tilley is a capable player but he isn't this decent in form player that Yeovil fans had said that they were gutted to see go. Again like most in our team, you see flashes of brilliance but not regularly.

Sadly with some of our squad you don't even see flashes of brilliance.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
January 11, 2021, 4:20pm
Guest User
Quoted from arryarryarry

A number of our players are urine weak in the challenge that hasn't stopped Hurst from picking them.

Absence of choice, I fear.
Reply: 24 - 29
moosey_club
January 11, 2021, 5:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,325
Gold Stars: 229
I did hear a whisper last weekend he was one who would be going, mentioned it on another thread .

Shame in some ways as he is one player who can control a ball and doesnt mind holding it until he sees a decent pass , but not productive enough despite some nice goals here and there and not sure he fits the Hurst mould of a winger

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
lee65
January 11, 2021, 10:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from moosey_club
I did hear a whisper last weekend he was one who would be going, mentioned it on another thread .

Shame in some ways as he is one player who can control a ball and doesnt mind holding it until he sees a decent pass , but not productive enough despite some nice goals here and there and not sure he fits the Hurst mould of a winger

When he first came he showed “glimpses” but no more, and he often played at the expense of Wright who is surely a better (but similar) prospect?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
Mariner_501
January 11, 2021, 10:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Wouldn’t be sad to see him go. Wouldn’t be sad to see all but about 3 of this current squad go though so that’s not saying a lot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
arryarryarry
January 11, 2021, 11:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 137

Absence of choice, I fear.

I appreciate that but you could have played him instead of Green or Rose who were both hopeless, I know he would have been out of position but couldn't have been any worse.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
MuddyWaters
January 12, 2021, 8:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,290
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from arryarryarry

I appreciate that but you could have played him instead of Green or Rose who were both hopeless, I know he would have been out of position but couldn't have been any worse.

Haven’t we had enough square pegs in round holes?
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › James Tilley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.