Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Maybe PH can't entice anyone to BP next week...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 221 Guests

Maybe PH can't entice anyone to BP next week...

This thread currently has 8,448 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
January 10, 2021, 4:48am
Guest User
...who would you have starting v Southend next Saturday?

Play 442  - in 51 years supporting Town it's the only shape we've ever looked comfortable with.

Jackson    Pollock

Wright        Bennett            Spokes        Morais

Habergham    Hewitt         Waterfall        Hendrie                          

Macca

Forward line could be pure artistry  
gtfc_akpa_akpro
January 10, 2021, 4:54am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +104
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from 137
...who would you have starting v Southend next Saturday?

Play 442  - in 51 years supporting Town it's the only shape we've ever looked comfortable with.

Jackson    Pollock

Macca

You must be drunk

i would really like to know biccys favourite biscuit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 52
GollyGTFC
January 10, 2021, 6:54am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,062
Gold Stars: 359
Be positive...

New GK
Hendrie     Hewitt     New CB     Habergham
New RM     New CM     New CM     New LM
                   New CF      New CF

Subs: McKeown, Preston, Pollock, Morais, Clifton, Gibson, Jackson
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 52
OneLove
January 10, 2021, 7:02am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Id go with Russell or recall Battersby in goal, CB Hewitt & Pollock, Hendrie & Habergham FBs
Morais & Wright on the flanks, Spokes & Starbuck CM
Up top Gibson & Bennett as a try out as sod all else is working up front.

Green making the brews at home as far away from BP as possible.

442 no dramas, hit your wings, no going backwards, be the aggressor and when stood about on corners, free kicks get your studs on the toes of any player near about a bit of sunday league roughness and show that you've got bolllocks to win everything.

Never forget playing sunday league and this striker i was defending against kept singing MC Hammer loudly which threw me out massively I had a nightmare against him, his singing put me off me game big time so each player could rehearse there own song as part of the tactic lmao.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 52
TwoLeftFeet
January 10, 2021, 7:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,102
Gold Stars: 19
                              Macca  

Hendrie    Waterfall    Hewitt    Habergham

Morais      Spokes     Clifton   Wright

Jackson    Hanson

Krystian Pearce ex Mansfield center back would be a good signing if possible always impressed me when played against us.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 52
Mariner93er
January 10, 2021, 9:04am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
We’re all concentrating on new forwards and midfielders, but the fact remains that we currently have by far the worst defence in the league (conceded 7 more than Southend!). Think we really need a new first team centre back, and to be honest, I don’t think Pollock’s first team spot is safe at the minute.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 52
GollyGTFC
January 10, 2021, 9:08am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,062
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from Mariner93er
We’re all concentrating on new forwards and midfielders, but the fact remains that we currently have by far the worst defence in the league (conceded 7 more than Southend!). Think we really need a new first team centre back, and to be honest, I don’t think Pollock’s first team spot is safe at the minute.

You start defending from the front. If the striker/strikers aren't pressing anyone & the midfielders aren't winning second balls, tracking runners & generally protecting the defence it's hardly surprising we are conceding shed loads of goals.

We do have a lack of pace at centre-back, but a solid midfield pairing and wingers who will track back and help the full-back (especially down our left side) would be a huge improvement.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 52
forza ivano
January 10, 2021, 12:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,284
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from GollyGTFC

You start defending from the front. If the striker/strikers aren't pressing anyone & the midfielders aren't winning second balls, tracking runners & generally protecting the defence it's hardly surprising we are conceding shed loads of goals.

We do have a lack of pace at centre-back, but a solid midfield pairing and wingers who will track back and help the full-back (especially down our left side) would be a huge improvement.

you ain't going to do that when you have bennett and green playing - it's like playing with 9 men defensively speaking.add rose and williams into the mix and you've got absolutely no chance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 52
pizzzza
January 10, 2021, 12:21pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from 137

Jackson    Pollock

Macca

You were very optimistic in expecting to land a Jackson Pollock reference on The Fishy
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 52
grimsby pete
January 10, 2021, 12:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
There are so many area's that Hurst needs to improve.

Goalkeeper is the main one for his last few games he has played in Macca  might as well not be there.

We are making other teams look good as they pass the ball about with ease , can't anybody tackle ?

No creativity in midfield and no striker who knows how to put the ball in the net.

I feel sorry for Paul how he can improve this lot I have no idea apart from replacing 7 or 8 of them.

I try not to post just after a game and leave it until the next day after I have calmed down.

You should have seen what I had composed last night which I thought no better not put that on the fishy.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 52
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Maybe PH can't entice anyone to BP next week...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.