Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › January - Pivotal month?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 246 Guests

January - Pivotal month?

This thread currently has 5,874 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 3, 2021, 11:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from DB
I'd like to think the consortium had an input and decent terms for new players contracts. However the current directors listed on companies house do not show any consortium members being added to the list of directors.

While we all assume that the consortium is is taking over GTFC but the club is still officially run by JF. Incidentally the last director to leave was IH on 23rd Dec. The accounts showed him as a director, until his resignation having 5 £100 shares, but I couldn't find  IH on the list of 1817 shareholders!

I know very little about company account but can read. So the question is why have none of the consortium been co-opted onto the board. I know if I had £1 million being invested then I would want an input.

Because they are still dotting the i's and crossing the t's. Have to get the contracts drawn up and have their legal people check them over. Then there is the EFL fit and proper test to pass before it can all be ratified. Anything legal takes a while, The legal eagles have to get their billable hours in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
The_Laughing_Mariner
January 3, 2021, 11:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,047
Gold Stars: 10
The takeover hasn't happened yet.  The shares have not been bought yet.  It is happening, or so we are led to believe, but until it is legally finalised the golden triumvirate cannot join the board.
No need to panic just yet

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
jamesgtfc
January 3, 2021, 11:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from DB
I'd like to think the consortium had an input and decent terms for new players contracts. However the current directors listed on companies house do not show any consortium members being added to the list of directors.

While we all assume that the consortium is is taking over GTFC but the club is still officially run by JF. Incidentally the last director to leave was IH on 23rd Dec. The accounts showed him as a director, until his resignation having 5 £100 shares, but I couldn't find  IH on the list of 1817 shareholders!

I know very little about company account but can read. So the question is why have none of the consortium been co-opted onto the board. I know if I had £1 million being invested then I would want an input.

At the moment they own nothing. They have agreed "head of terms" which isn't legally binding. Essentially John has agreed to sell his shares to either one, two, all three of them or a company owned by them. We don't know the full details but nobody has said they need to make an offer for everyone elses shares. The rules state this must be done if you acquire 30% so I assume at least 2 of them are buying his shares rather than one of them or a company.

Once that goes through I'm not sure if they will be co-opted onto the board or an EGM will be called. I wouldn't be surprised to see them take over with more than 50% of the shares which would give them the power to shape the boardroom to suit them. To do this they would need to buy at least half of Mike Parker's shares.

It isn't legally binding yet but Hurst has met with the consortium and we are investing in an analyst. That tells me it's going through.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
DB
January 3, 2021, 11:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
No panic, just being observant. Co-opting onto the board would give the consortium a feed back on what is or is not happening.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
ginnywings
January 3, 2021, 11:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from DB
No panic, just being observant. Co-opting onto the board would give the consortium a feed back on what is or is not happening.

They are having input, whether they sit on the board or not. They will be party to any decisions, i don't doubt that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
DB
January 3, 2021, 11:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I sincerely hope the sale is going through but given the reported track record of JF, sale on sale off, I want to sell, o no I'm not etc. I would be more confident of it going through with a new board member.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
The_Laughing_Mariner
January 3, 2021, 11:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Question.
Would Mike Parker be interested in working with them?
Would he be prepared to join the board, maybe as Chairman?  He has the shareholding.
I cant imagine that the Golden Triumvirate with all their other business interests wanting to be involved on a day to day basis

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
jamesgtfc
January 3, 2021, 11:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from DB
I sincerely hope the sale is going through but given the reported track record of JF, sale on sale off, I want to sell, o no I'm not etc. I would be more confident of it going through with a new board member.

Can you imagine the outrage if Fenty pulls another stunt like that? One of them being on the board wouldn't make a difference because Fenty and his puppets would outnumber him anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
The_Laughing_Mariner
January 3, 2021, 11:41pm
Brandy Drinker
how does the voting work,  One man one vote or is it based on shareholding?

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
DB
January 3, 2021, 11:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Until he sells his shares JF will always be in control. I was just making the point if I was going to buy him out I would want my man on the inside. Yes he would be outvoted but, unlike us, who sit outside a closed shut bolted barracked boardroom, they would know what was happening

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › January - Pivotal month?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.