Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC mojo back!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 252 Guests

GTFC mojo back!

This thread currently has 3,199 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
January 1, 2021, 11:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
I’m not sure the mojo’s back but it certainly feels like it’s being fuelled and made ready.

Get the old Board gone, some fresh ideas moving off the pitch and “keep us shape” on it and that will be a great platform when the supporters return, then who knows?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
RonMariner
January 1, 2021, 1:50pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,861
Gold Stars: 230

We are not out of the woods, and face a tough few weeks ahead, but we now have hope.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 1, 2021, 1:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from RonMariner

We are not out of the woods, and face a tough few weeks ahead, but we now have hope.

I hope not. He will have a key role in the player production line.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
UTMariners
January 1, 2021, 5:21pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +424
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Rick12
Nice message but football is ultimately business. Had Paul Hurst done well at Ipswich he would of still been there and not touched us with a barge pole. All market forces at the end of the day. Same with the players as well. If there any good they wouldn't be playing for us but be where the real money is eg championship/premiership.

Management/players come and go but true fans always stay.

Not disputing this at all, but I'm not sure it really matters.  I still think he is an ambitious manager who has only agreed to come back as he thinks there is a real possibility of helping us progress this time, unlike last time when he had to work under Fenty's penny pinching.

"My love, my heart, my soul, my life.  My beloved Club Grimsby."

Salford Mariner

Join the Trust!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
Rick12
January 1, 2021, 6:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from UTMariners

Not disputing this at all, but I'm not sure it really matters.  I still think he is an ambitious manager who has only agreed to come back as he thinks there is a real possibility of helping us progress this time, unlike last time when he had to work under Fenty's penny pinching.
Yes conditions are better for him this time around. But I still feel if he does well  and a bigger club comes calling his head maybe turned again and he'll be of again on the merry go round of management .

Little loyalty in this game bar to the monies 💰💰.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
UTMariners
January 1, 2021, 6:22pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +424
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Rick12
Yes conditions are better for him this time around. But I still feel if he does well  and a bigger club comes calling his head maybe turned again and he'll be of again on the merry go round of management .

Yeah maybe, but he might have learnt something from leaving Shrewsbury so quickly. It didn't work out so well for him last time..

"My love, my heart, my soul, my life.  My beloved Club Grimsby."

Salford Mariner

Join the Trust!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
AussieMariner
January 1, 2021, 10:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Rick12

If he does well that means we’ve done well so he’s earned his money and the right to progress
If he does badly I imagine many supporters (present company excepted of course) will be calling for his head and eventually he’ll be sacked
Where’s the loyalty in that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
RonMariner
January 1, 2021, 11:42pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,861
Gold Stars: 230
Loyalty is not something we see much of in football is it?

But it goes both ways. Managers know that a few bad results and they are most likely shown the door regardless of their contract or what they may have previously achieved.

I thunk i am right in saying that Mancini, Mourinho, Ranieri, and Conte were all sacked the season after winning the Premier league!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
grimps
January 2, 2021, 8:44am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,158
Gold Stars: 46
I get excited snd sucked in every time

You have to be a bit of an optimist to follow the Mariners , we’re more than due a good year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC mojo back!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.