Nutsy
December 31, 2020, 11:23am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +158
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Bigdog
OK.. This is my "still our contracted player upon the date of securing Football League status and any other player that has played for us since and is still currently playing professionally" GTFC XI..

Henderson

Hendrie
Pollock
Davis
Andrew

Dembele
Nolan
Hessenthaler
Vernam

Bogle
Amond

* subject to approval by Abdul and Poojah

Is that Harry Davis at CB - I must have missed this, but why did we release him?

Must agree with Hess, I was very disappointed to see IH release him...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 149
chipsandgravy
December 31, 2020, 11:34am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,631
Gold Stars: 38

I think most of us felt that way. There were one or two doubters and realists, but they were very much the exception. I should have known that anything that doesn't look or feel right never is.

I could not go, but all those fanatical fans at Mansfield for his first game all thought that somehow, against all the odds that Mr Fenty had finally come up trumps, but anything with Fenty involved always seems to backfire which is a shame him being such a fan and all that.

Ollie himself will have to look in the mirror and ask himself what the hell he was playing at; he seemed so genuine, so full of optimism that he could do another Blackpool and I still can't get my head around it. If covid had struck a bit earlier he would not have taken the job as that seemed to affect him badly, but his own conduct, in any event, is bizarre.

I think as fans we all fall for the dreams we are sold because we are so desperate for it to be true. A bit like those OAP women who fall for on line dating scams and end up sending thousands of pounds to a "model" boyfriend desperately trying to get home to be with them..

Anyway, we know there is a cleaning of the stables underway and for the first time in many years the future at last looks much better.

Amen to that!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 149
RonMariner
December 31, 2020, 11:40am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,861
Gold Stars: 230
This might be a controversial view but I think this is a fairly straightforward job for an experienced manager; he has half a season and a full transfer window to shift out some players who aren't good enough, bring in some who are, organise them and get them away from the relegation zone. If we finish the season in mid table the job's a good 'un. We are not in the relegation zone and we are currently getting a point a game on average.

The big challenge, as ever, is getting the better players to come here.

Good luck Paul. Welcome back.

5 points from the last 9 games. And would be in in the drop zone if Stevenage won one of their two games in hand.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 149
Nelly GTFC
December 31, 2020, 3:25pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,761
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Ruston AT
Just hope there is a roll for Ben Davies  he's been the casualty amongst this.
[tweet]1344660918089768963[/tweet]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 149
ginnywings
December 31, 2020, 3:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Good news. Pleased for Ben.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 149
December 31, 2020, 4:15pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin
Shame a great opportunity for a new dawn missed

Money no object for the first time ever and we take a backward step

That's it, time to try Portman Road, I'm done

I've said before, I'll say it again, you are ANTI-GTFC. Enjoy Ipswich, your club. Take a tractor ride.
All the best.
Reply: 145 - 149
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 31, 2020, 4:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Nutsy

Is that Harry Davis at CB - I must have missed this, but why did we release him?

Must agree with Hess, I was very disappointed to see IH release him...

In reality the club chose not to offer these players new contracts because of COVID. Had the virus not struck they plus Clarke & Vernam may still be here although given the stories we here only if they signed on less money!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 149
RonMariner
January 1, 2021, 1:46pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,861
Gold Stars: 230
It's a good, honest and sincere interview from a guy that knows we face a tough battle but clearly has a plan.

What a change from the inane ramblings we have had to endure from his predecessor.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 149
mimma
January 1, 2021, 5:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 78
What intrigues me is that Hurst has said he's watched our last 4 games. So he was watching from the wings before  Holloway left / was sacked. Must have known summat???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 149
GollyGTFC
January 1, 2021, 5:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from mimma
What intrigues me is that Hurst has said he's watched our last 4 games. So he was watching from the wings before  Holloway left / was sacked. Must have known summat???

Those last 4 matches were....

GTFC v Scunthorpe (2 former clubs)
GTFC v Bradford (At the time he was in line for the Bradford job)
Morecambe v GTFC (Had been approached by GTFC)
GTFC v Oldham (Had already accepted job)

So, nothing dodgy in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 149 - 149
15 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst and Doig have rejoined us

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.