Corkyefes
December 30, 2020, 10:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 10
Survival this season....

Every conversation and action made by the manager and board should be solely to achieve that.... Everything else can be discussed in the summer.

This is the biggest window we will have for last 10 years.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 49
ginnywings
December 30, 2020, 10:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Corkyefes
Survival this season....

Every conversation and action made by the manager and board should be solely to achieve that.... Everything else can be discussed in the summer.

This is the biggest window we will have for last 10 years.

Well, since the last time were were in the sh1t in Jan, about 2 years ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 49
oochiad
December 30, 2020, 10:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
As excrement as we have been our last 4 games was W LL D. Hardly relegation form, Hurst will get us sorted with a few additions I’m sure. Have faith, UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 49
RonMariner
December 31, 2020, 11:25am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,861
Gold Stars: 230
There is a run of four games from mid Jan: Southend, Scunthorpe, Barrow, Stevenage. All six pointers.

If Hurst can bring in a few players before then, and we can win a few of those matches then it will help the cause enormously.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 49
RonMariner
December 31, 2020, 11:35am

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from oochiad
As excrement as we have been our last 4 games was W LL D. Hardly relegation form, Hurst will get us sorted with a few additions I’m sure. Have faith, UTM

We have taken five points from our last 9 games, which certainly is relegation form. Especially as several of those games were against sides in the bottom end of the table.

We currently sit 24th in the form table, while the two clubs below us in the league are 5th and 13th.

Stevenage are three points behind us with two games in hand and a better goal difference. Southend are 4 points behind with a game in hand and have taken 11 points from their last six games.

If that lot doesn't add up to a relegation scenario I don't know what does.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 49
Cambridgefish
December 31, 2020, 11:56am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: -12
Gold Stars: 1
Didn't the bail out money include a stipulation that no transfer fees were to be paid out?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 49
RonMariner
December 31, 2020, 1:09pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Cambridgefish
Didn't the bail out money include a stipulation that no transfer fees were to be paid out?

Not good news if true as i can think of a couple of high earners that could be replaced with better, fitter options.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 49
Boris Johnson
December 31, 2020, 1:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from RonMariner

We have taken five points from our last 9 games, which certainly is relegation form. Especially as several of those games were against sides in the bottom end of the table.

We currently sit 24th in the form table, while the two clubs below us in the league are 5th and 13th.

Stevenage are three points behind us with two games in hand and a better goal difference. Southend are 4 points behind with a game in hand and have taken 11 points from their last six games.

If that lot doesn't add up to a relegation scenario I don't know what does.  

This is correct. We are in dire straits, very few of the current squad should be anywhere near the club after Saturday's game. I hope he has 8/9 aces  up his sleeve, and that they gel quickly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 49
BobbyCummingsTackle
December 31, 2020, 2:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,319
Gold Stars: 309
The doom mongers above are missing one key factor; this league is sh1t. I am constantly amazed by how poor teams in the top 10 are. The good sides in this league have solid defences and can score goals. Lots of sides will have poor runs (hello Harrogate) and if we can have a decent run or get a mix of wins,draws and losses we'll be fine.

Avoiding relegation in the last few seasons has been around 45 points (give or take), we have 20 in the bag now.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 49
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 31, 2020, 2:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from RonMariner

Not good news if true as i can think of a couple of high earners that could be replaced with better, fitter options.

As I said on another thread the bail out money cannot be used for transfers but money generated from player sales or increased investment can surely be used otherwise all clubs are under a transfer ban if a transfer fee is involved and I cannot believe that’s the case.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Expectation

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.